Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Received my Palio today
MiamiE 12:10 PM 02-11-2010
I have the Cuban crafters cutter and the scissors. They are to me better than any Xikar I have ever used!
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:31 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I prefer my Xikar Multitool :-)
:-)
[Reply]
issues 12:48 PM 02-11-2010
Thanks Scott I'll have to see if I can find a dealer nearby to get a better look at those monsters! :-)

Peter I know cigars were never meant to be cut in half and because of that I rarely buy large Churchills and Presidentes but I do occasionally receive them as gifts and from samplers. I just hate to light something I know I won't finish.

So far I've had good luck cutting huge cigars in half. No splitting or unraveling due to the cut. But my el cheapo especial cutters are starting to get a little dull which is why I'm looking for either a really nice piece or maybe just replace mine with another el cheapo especial... :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 04:28 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
The reason I ask is that I have been known to cut a large Churchill in half to smoke half now and half later.
waitaminute. wasn't there a guy who... ?
[Reply]
XTRazzer 09:17 AM 02-12-2010
I've seen the Montecristo Samurai in person and was unimpressed with the build quality. While it looks nice in the pictures it's basically two pieces of formed sheet metal of approximately 1/16" thickness.

I also own the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut and it's nice for me to lend guys that don't smoke a lot of cigars. It's also great for when you're in a hurry in the dark. While I like this cutter and it's price, the Palio is just a smoother cutter.

I measured my Palio open and it's roughly 25/32" diameter. That would translate to cutting a 50 ring gauge all the way through. For some reason I think it might be able to cut through a 52 ring gauge.
[Reply]
XTRazzer 01:27 PM 02-15-2010
If you're even considering a Palio I recommend you jump on this deal before it expires:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28402
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up