Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Storage Upgrade Suggestions?
Kreth 08:46 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
So, you're admitting that you have an empty cooler?!?
Only while it's airing out after being scrubbed down with baking soda. Tomorrow it'll be loaded up with the contents of the Sterilite bin, and also the contents of my desktop for a few days so I can add silicone around the glass.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Vigiles 10:07 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
So, you're admitting that you have an empty cooler?!?
Lol, that can't be good. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 01:55 PM 01-05-2010
Got the cooler loaded up just in time for the UPS guy to show up with some cbid winnings.
Sitting at the local B&M enjoying a Lot 23. Apparently, he sells empty boxes for $5/ea. Guess I'll be starting a WTB thread. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
yourchoice 02:08 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I think I'm gonna order some Holt's Shorties tomorrow...
Ahh, glad you liked them. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 02:22 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Ahh, glad you liked them. :-)
Yeah, they're decent, especially for just over a buck a stick. Those house sticks you sent were pretty tasty, too. I think I can survive on Backwoods until the Shorties get here. Ordered at 10 am, apparently Holt's doesn't ship as quick as CI. :-)
A little over 4 days with no cigs. I'm in that lovely "coughing the nasty sh!t out of my lungs" stage. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T.G 02:35 PM 01-05-2010
Got the cooler loaded up just in time for the UPS guy to show up with some cbid winnings.
Sitting at the local B&M enjoying a Lot 23. Apparently, he sells empty boxes for $5/ea. Guess I'll be starting a WTB thread. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=833748

These auctions usually close rather low, like $7-9 IIRC
[Reply]
LooseCard 06:20 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=833748

These auctions usually close rather low, like $7-9 IIRC
I'll agree, buy a 10-pack from CI - it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:03 PM 01-05-2010
Thanks, guys. I'll probably go that route. Then I'll have to submit a few low-ball bids while I'm on cbid... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kreth 08:01 PM 01-12-2010
So I could not get the desktop above 55%, even after throwing an 8 oz. bag of Scott's beads in there. So... I moved everything over to the cooler, and ran a bead of silicone (GE Silicone II) around the inside of the glass top and the analog hygro. I figure I'll give it about a week, then re-season the desktop and see how it holds RH.
The cooler has been holding pretty steady at 60% with 8 oz. of Scott's beads (a full pound now while the desktop is in the "shop").
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kreth 02:43 PM 02-10-2010
Cooler's filling up. Time to think about reseasoning the desktop... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
XTRazzer 08:43 AM 02-12-2010
Kreth - you ever go down the road of buying boxes from Cigars International? I heard stories of guys getting Acid boxes and all sorts of junk from that deal.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:57 AM 02-12-2010
Cooler's filling up. Time to think about reseasoning the desktop... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Or you could get another cooler :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:15 AM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by XTRazzer:
Kreth - you ever go down the road of buying boxes from Cigars International? I heard stories of guys getting Acid boxes and all sorts of junk from that deal.
Not yet. I haven't seen any lots on cbid lately. Also, I'd prefer to get larger boxes, as I buy most of my smokes in robusto or toro. My local shop wants $5 a pop for them, which is just ridiculous.
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Or you could get another cooler :-)
Ha! The desktop will free up some space. Plus, getting some boxes will help. Right now I've got a bunch of bundles and 5-finger bags in there, plus the top tray from the desktop that I just kind of set on top of everything else.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
XTRazzer 09:23 AM 02-12-2010
I agree $5 is high, although $3 isn't uncommon. That was one of the good things of the B&M near my old place in PA, I got deals on empty boxes from time to time and could 'cherry pick' unfinished ones.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:54 AM 02-12-2010
I agree $5 is high, although $3 isn't uncommon. That was one of the good things of the B&M near my old place in PA, I got deals on empty boxes from time to time and could 'cherry pick' unfinished ones.
The B&M we herf at actually gives them away. I just need to get up there.
I thought about putting up a WTT thread, but I know no one here could be trusted to send *empty* boxes. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
XTRazzer 09:57 AM 02-12-2010
I thought about putting up a WTT thread, but I know no one here could be trusted to send *empty* boxes.
That's your own fault buddy. I don't have any extras at the moment or I would help you out.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:58 AM 02-12-2010
The B&M we herf at actually gives them away. I just need to get up there.
I thought about putting up a WTT thread, but I know no one here could be trusted to send *empty* boxes. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
I can bring some out to you on the 27th if you are going to the 'Cuse Herf.
[Reply]
T.G 10:13 AM 02-12-2010
Not yet. I haven't seen any lots on cbid lately. Also, I'd prefer to get larger boxes, as I buy most of my smokes in robusto or toro. My local shop wants $5 a pop for them, which is just ridiculous.
I've bought an "Empty Wooden Box Assortment" from cbid years ago, and never got "junk" or acid boxes - most were actually really heavy & decent boxes (all but one, see next paragraph). According to Steve, you are supposed to get whichever the first 10 empty boxes they grab, with no duplicates and no "super special/rare boxes" like OpusX, CAO Vision & Sopranos, Stradivarius (although I did end up with one of the numbered CAO Black MOW boxes somehow). I think I paid $7 or $9 to win the auction.

One of the boxes was a really thin box and they had put heavier boxes on top of it, so it crushed the lid in during shipping, but no BFD, since I was buying these to stuff in a cooler anyway, I just pulled the lid off and just used it as an open tray at the top of the cooler instead.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:59 AM 02-12-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I can bring some out to you on the 27th if you are going to the 'Cuse Herf.
That would be outstanding, Ryan. Thanks! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up