Watch out newbs,

I smell cordite :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 03:44 PM 02-12-2010
:-)

Woot!
[Reply]
JaKaacH 08:24 AM 02-13-2010
Brett and Joe your lighter's are going out today..
No mail on Monday though so they should be there Tuesday..:-)
[Reply]
junkinduck 11:52 AM 02-13-2010
I sent one to Joe as well. Joe If you don't want two just pay it forward. If you do want two happy torching.
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:04 PM 02-13-2010
I will pass it forward. I already know of a person in the need of a reliable lighter. Once again, Thank you.
[Reply]
Doza 06:18 AM 02-14-2010
Ahhh, I'd love one of these lighters!! Just don't think there is anyway I could find one in Australia!

Is anybody able to help me out? I'd of course be happy to pay the postage if it made economical sense. Does anyone know if these things are 'allowed' to be shipped throgh air mail or not?
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 08:20 AM 02-14-2010
I just picked up 4 of these from Amazon.com for $15.

Just go to Amazon and search for Ronson Jetlite.
[Reply]
zonie 04:10 AM 02-16-2010
Why is it that a cheapie that works at first seems to work forever, and the expensive ones work great for a while, then get all glitchy and unreliable? Drives me nuts!
As for the Ronson, I suggest buying a couple at least. I ordered 2 from Ronson ($5 each) and one works great, the other refused to light after the first refill. Yeah I purged a couple times, and tried all the usual drills that work. Then I took it apart trying a trick I read about to change the adjuster limit...can't tell if that worked as the lighter never lit again. I get no gas release sound when depressing the "button". But for the price, I can't complain too much.
Long live the cheap lighters!
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 04:38 AM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by zonie:
But for the price, I can't complain too much.
Long live the cheap lighters!
No doubt! It sucks either way, but it's a lot easier to shrug off a failed $4 lighter than some jewel you paid 10 times as much for. :-)
[Reply]
Snapperhead 12:09 PM 02-18-2010
These lighters are great...only 1 problem.....They are so cheap and work so well that when I lose one I do not care.....so I have probally gone through 5-7 of them, but they are a great lighter.....
[Reply]
Razorhog 12:19 PM 02-18-2010
I've had one Ronson fail...after a few attempts at purging/refilling/cleaning I chunked it and opened up another. :-)
[Reply]
MarioF 12:54 PM 02-18-2010
The thing I learned about these is they really don't like good fuel, I use the cheapest stuff I can find to refill them and they work great!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:05 PM 02-18-2010
off topic, but Ronson is now part of Zippo
[Reply]
joeobx 01:05 PM 02-18-2010
DAM..mine just started messing up...no pressure, wide flame...guess I'll have to box it up and pay to ship it to Ronson for warrit.......wait a minuit, forgot, can go to Wally World and spend 3 bucks for a new one. aint Ronson's great :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 01:08 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
DAM..mine just started messing up...no pressure, wide flame...guess I'll have to box it up and pay to ship it to Ronson for warrit.......wait a minuit, forgot, can go to Wally World and spend 3 bucks for a new one. aint Ronson's great :-)
If you're lucky enough to find them, that is. My walmart stopped carrying them.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:15 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
off topic, but Ronson is now part of Zippo
I wonder if that has anything to do with some Wal Marts not carrying them. Coming soon to a Wally World near you: Zippo Jet Lites, only $25... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
joeobx 01:21 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by :
I wonder if that has anything to do with some Wal Marts not carrying them. Coming soon to a Wally World near you: Zippo Jet Lites, only $25...
Uh Oh.... gotta run some errands later..... might have to see how many they got on the shelf.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:36 PM 02-18-2010
Try putting the fuel can in the top of the lighter, this should clean out the dirty jets. That is usually the problem when you have a wide flame.
[Reply]
joeobx 01:40 PM 02-18-2010
Thanks I,ll give it a try.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:41 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Uh Oh.... gotta run some errands later..... might have to see how many they got on the shelf.
Yeah, I might snag a few more myself. I have mine, a herf backup, and my wife has the first one I bought over a year ago, plus I like to keep a few on hand for bombs/trades.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up