Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Bart's New Vinotemp Project
Bartolomeo 05:32 PM 11-17-2009
Singles drawer with Partagas, Punch and Dip #4

[Reply]
Bartolomeo 05:34 PM 11-17-2009
Doubles drawer with Punch, Partagas and Dip .........I re-arranged some cigars between drawers

[Reply]
Bartolomeo 05:35 PM 11-17-2009
Double drawer with various CC

[Reply]
Bartolomeo 05:56 PM 11-17-2009
Well, its been a long journey but here are some pics of my Vino with new Chasden shelves and drawers along with my new cigars. There is a glass top to these cedar lined drawers that maintains the temp and RH nicely and prevents sudden spikes when opening and closing the Vinotemp.

I bought 3 single and 2 double drawers with extra dividers. I like them b/c I dont have a lot of room in the Vino for my smokes.

I use about 3 lbs of 65% beads spread around and have two CPU fans running.........overkill, yes, but my results are perfect so I am content

My Vino is between 62-64* and 61-65%RH every day year round here in NC, I finally have it where I want it after farting around with it for weeks :-)

Enjoy!

Bart

Single drawer with random Coronas, PC and Robustos waiting to be tested :-)

[Reply]
jaymz 06:37 PM 11-17-2009
Wow - those drawers look fantastic ... thanks for posting your experiences with the vino, i was thinking of getting a vino/edgestar sometime soon.
[Reply]
acarr 06:39 PM 11-17-2009
Everything looks so amazingly organized. What happens when you take a smoke out and smoke it? Do you have to reorganize the whole thing?
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 09:46 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by acarr:
Everything looks so amazingly organized. What happens when you take a smoke out and smoke it? Do you have to reorganize the whole thing?
I hope not, a lot of those boxes have just arrived from overseas so they are resting for a while and more boxes are coming, I am out of room basically

I wanted the pics to look good for you guys but in truth, it will be a mess come next week when I am back messing with it :-)

Bart
[Reply]
timatraw 06:10 PM 01-10-2010
Hey Bart-
Just bought a vino-28.
Im looking to get settled.
What are the black cylindrical- looking things in the drawers?
What hygrometers did you end up using?
Thanks.
Tim
[Reply]
1badhog07 06:31 AM 01-11-2010
nice set up bart!
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 11:26 AM 01-12-2010
I ended up getting another Vino, putting most of the smokes back in their boxes as they rest better that way rather in the drawers.

Chas made some shelves for my 21 ct Vino I will post pics of soon

Bart
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 11:27 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by timatraw:
Hey Bart-
Just bought a vino-28.
Im looking to get settled.
What are the black cylindrical- looking things in the drawers?
What hygrometers did you end up using?
Thanks.
Tim
Use all sorts of hygrometers once I had them dialed in, start with the ones from Walmart IMHO

The Black device is a wireless hygrometer that is great if you dont want to open your humi/cooler all of the time and is about the size of a Robusto

Bart
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 11:44 AM 01-12-2010
Here is a picture comparing Chuck's 28 ct shelf to the 21 ct shelf

Bart

[Reply]
BigAsh 11:55 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Bartolomeo:
Use all sorts of hygrometers once I had them dialed in, start with the ones from Walmart IMHO

The Black device is a wireless hygrometer that is great if you dont want to open your humi/cooler all of the time and is about the size of a Robusto

Bart
Bart, any add'l info on the wireless hydro?
[Reply]
PLUSH 12:03 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Bartolomeo:
Here is a picture comparing Chuck's 28 ct shelf to the 21 ct shelf

Bart

Where did you get those shelves and would they work on the 28 bottle Avanti? Also, where did you get the temperature regulator the you plug in?
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 12:21 PM 01-12-2010
Quite the operation!

Disregard my question via PM earlier... you obviously havew a Vinotemp. :-)

Nice work, bro. :-)
[Reply]
Taylor61 12:26 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Bart, any add'l info on the wireless hydro?
I was interested too and was able to find this. Can't seem to find it anywhere else on the web.

http://www.2ndstreet-cigars.com/fm-wirelesshygro.html
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:36 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Taylor61:
I was interested too and was able to find this. Can't seem to find it anywhere else on the web.

http://www.2ndstreet-cigars.com/fm-wirelesshygro.html
Sweet....thanks Ryan :-)
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 02:26 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Sweet....thanks Ryan :-)
Yep, only place that has them

Bart
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 02:27 PM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by PLUSH:
Where did you get those shelves and would they work on the 28 bottle Avanti? Also, where did you get the temperature regulator the you plug in?
Chas makes all of the shelves, see the WTS thread here for his last run of goodies

External control device is Ranco, best money I have spent

Bart
[Reply]
marge796 02:48 PM 01-12-2010
Looks awesome Bart!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up