Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Looking for suggestions on how to properly season my first humidor
dric112 03:05 PM 02-02-2010
I am sorry if this is already covered in another thread. I am a new member to the site and to the brotherhood of cigar smoking, having been bitten by the bug just a couple of months ago. I just ordered my first humidor a few days ago after some research and went with a "300 count" humidor dome because everyone I have spoken to has said essentially "go big or you'll regret it in a few months" I bought the beads to act as my humidification media.
The humidor should come in tomorrow or thursday and I was wondering if anyone had some tips for seasoning the humidor. I have heard mixed reviews on whether or not I should wipe the wood down with distilled water as it both cuts down on the seasoning time and as it can warp the wood or make it gain too much moisture.

Also, I bought a seasoning kit with it because it was $3-4, but I have heard that a shot glass with distilled water works best.

If any of you seasoned (yeah, sorry for the pun) cigar smokers wouldn't mind lending me some help, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

My humi:
Attached: 610RJWSBK2L__SS400_.jpg (14.0 KB) HUM-200DL2.jpg (10.9 KB) 
NCRadioMan 03:17 PM 02-02-2010
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ghlight=season

That should help. :-)
dric112 03:20 PM 02-02-2010
thank you. that answers my question perfectly.
Up