Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Is a Xikar really worth it?
icehog3 09:56 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
Thank you Admiral Douche Bag :-)
Just earning my name! :-) :-)
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:34 AM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Just earning my name!
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
gbum 07:04 AM 01-26-2010
using cheap unbranded cutter with no complain... :-)
maybe someday...
who knows...
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 07:15 AM 01-26-2010
I fondled another BOTL's Palio at a HERF recently. I think that purchase is in my near future. It's real nice!
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:23 AM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow:
I fondled another BOTL's Palio at a HERF recently. I think that purchase is in my near future. It's real nice!
This is really something that you should have kept to yourself -- or between you and the BOTL!

Fondling a BOTL's Palio is very intimate! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 07:49 AM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
This is really something that you should have kept to yourself -- or between you and the BOTL!

Fondling a BOTL's Palio is very intimate! :-)

:-)

You make it sound so duuuurty!:-)
[Reply]
opus 08:15 AM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I like them both but I always go back to my trusty $2 Havana cutter. I think it cuts better than either one. :-)
:-) Best at any price IMHO
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:59 AM 01-26-2010
The problem with the cheap cutters is that they cut well for the first few cigars, but the blades dull quickly, and you end up with bad cuts. That is why they are cheap cutters...

It's better to spend some money on a premium cutter (Xikar, Palio, etc.) and not have to worry about ripping up a cigar when you cut it.
[Reply]
muhren 05:32 PM 02-11-2010
I was gifted a second cutter a few months ago from a BOTL (here I think?) but the cutter was dull...very dull.

I sent it in to Xikar to be re-sharpened and today arrived a brand new Cutter!

GREAT customer service and completely unexpected.
[Reply]
captain53 05:35 PM 02-11-2010
I have a Xikar and have never been happy with the performance, looks great and feels great but does not cut great. Wife gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago so got to use it.
[Reply]
jaycarla 06:20 PM 02-11-2010
I went the Xikar route and wish I would have gone Palio. They will fix dull ones I have just been too lazy to send it in. My problem with one of my two hasn't been dull blades, it has been getting it to open like it should, sticks bad.

They will fix it or replace it though, I just know if I had to do it over again I would do Palio.
[Reply]
gohstsmoke215 06:22 PM 02-11-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Palio

The last cutter you will ever buy. :-)
I second the Palio
[Reply]
Snapperhead 12:06 PM 02-18-2010
I have 2 Xikars and I recently got a Colibri Slyce. I really love my Slyce and it works great and gives me a clean cut. I have used it on @30 cigars and it is still razor sharp. I know CI is picking them up and there is another style that comes for $1 when you buy some boxes.
[Reply]
irklak 09:34 PM 02-18-2010
Just received my carbon fiber Palio.... very happy.

Too many cigars have been cut poorly with my cheap cutters in the past. I think it is totally worth buying.... Xikar is great too, but the Palio is fantastic.
[Reply]
marge796 10:19 PM 02-18-2010
I've used an Xikar for many years, I have no complaints thus far! Their customer service is second to none. But, with that being said, I have also used a Palio and think it has a phenomenal cut. Maybe one day I'll buy one but for now I'm a Xikar man. I guess this will continue to be an ongoing hot topic for cigar hobbyist IMHO.

Chris.....
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up