Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 42
< 123 4513 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2012 Banter
Dave128 01:19 PM 12-05-2011
Manny would never play for us. Our ball park doesn't have a left field bathroom for him to hide in.
yachties23 06:17 PM 12-05-2011
Cutting and pasting from my current Facebook status.

As of today I am no longer a Mets fan. This ownership group has lost its fanbase. Their own financial woes, have begun to effect their ability to sign their own superstars. They build a beautiful new stadium, and might as well have painted it Dodger blue. They lie to their fans saying they will do whatever they can to put a competitive team on the field. Starting right now, I will not step foot in Citi Field for a Met game until the Wilpons are no longer owners.

Good luck in your support of this utter joke of an ownership group. It makes me sad that the team I fell in love with as a kid has fallen this far.
kelmac07 06:25 PM 12-05-2011
Chris...I feel your pain brother...in a big way!!!
yachties23 06:31 PM 12-05-2011
Mac,

sadly I have to say when you come back up, I won't be going to Citi Field. I'm going to stand firm by this. I see no hope, at this rate they aren't 2-3 years from being competitive, its like 5-6, thats disgraceful for a team in the largest sports market in the world.
kelmac07 06:33 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by yachties23:
Mac,

sadly I have to say when you come back up, I won't be going to Citi Field. I'm going to stand firm by this. I see no hope, at this rate they aren't 2-3 years from being competitive, its like 5-6, thats disgraceful for a team in the largest sports market in the world.
Very true...as much as I hate the Yankees...we'll catch a Yanks game. :-)
jonumberone 06:35 PM 12-05-2011
Chris, I'm with you.
I will never set foot in Citi field again :-) :-)
kelmac07 06:43 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Chris, I'm with you.
:-) :-) :-)
yachties23 07:38 PM 12-05-2011
Thanks Dom.

Lets go to stankee stadium instead.

Chris, I'm with you.

BigAsh 07:38 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by mase:
Life as a Mets fan for the next couple of seasons is not going to be very pleasant.
Nine great years? :-)
A game 7 loss at home to the cards
Epic back to back collapses to miss the playoffs
And an injury plagued career.

If anyone should be thanking Jose Reyes, it's me!

Thank you Jose for helping this team become a laughing stock of the New York sports world.
Thank you Jose for making the Mets the 4th best team in the NL East and maybe even 5th best
Thank you Jose for the endless supply of hamstring jokes I got to tell
Thank you Jose for having your final moment in a Met uniform be leaving a game in the first inning after you bunted for a hit,
and showed more concern for your batting crown then the Met Fans who came to see you play

:-)
Dom...thank you for making me not type all of the above!!

And:
A Priest, a Rabbi, and a New York Met walk into a bar. The Priest says, "I'll have a shot of Glenlivet, please.". The Rabbi says, "and I'll have a glass of Mogen David Wine, please". The Mets player starts to order, but then falls off of the barstool, tears his ACL and dislocates his shoulder. :-):-)
kelmac07 10:01 AM 12-06-2011
Badda bing!! :-) :-)
Dave128 12:12 PM 12-06-2011
Didn't the Mets go through similar financial trouble in the 80's? they'll be back in full force in no time flat. We gotta believe!
yachties23 01:50 PM 12-06-2011
You all do realize the Wilponzi's basically stole the team from Nelson Doubleday right?
kelmac07 05:55 AM 12-07-2011
More news for my dysfunctional Mets. Reyes signs with the Marlins, Terry Collins tells the press that Pagan is our new leadoff hitter, Sandy Alderson trades him to the Giants for Andres Torres (another aging veteran, 33 years old) and Ramon Martinez. WTF??? Are the GM and manager not talking at all?? No wonder the Mets are in such sad shape right now. We also sign Jon Rauch and Frank Francisco. I DO NOT like any of these deals. We are going to be the laughing stock of the NL East for sure now.

I would love to have Cody Ross...but no, we sign another "past their prime" veteran. :-) :-) :-)
Dave128 09:01 AM 12-07-2011
:-) Gonna be a real long season........
mase 09:40 AM 12-07-2011
What am I missing with the Pagan trade? Is it purely a salary dump? Pagan doesn't make that much, does he? Definitely doesn't seem like we're getting the same talent back.
jonumberone 09:45 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by mase:
What am I missing with the Pagan trade? Is it purely a salary dump? Pagan doesn't make that much, does he? Definitely doesn't seem like we're getting the same talent back.
Reports are that he quit on the team in September.
Management and the front office felt he was faking injuries, most notably his dehydration issue.
I don't know what the #'s are, but can't imagine Pagan was making that much $.
He is a 4th outfielder at best, on a decent team.
mase 10:04 AM 12-07-2011
Reports are that he quit on the team in September.
Management and the front office felt he was faking injuries, most notably his dehydration issue.
I don't know what the #'s are, but can't imagine Pagan was making that much $.
He is a 4th outfielder at best, on a decent team.
Didn't realize that he quit in September. I think I quit on them in July or August, so I guess I missed it.

And yes on a decent team, he doesn't start. However on the Mets this year, he'd probably be #1 if Bay doesn't bounce back at some point.
kelmac07 10:27 AM 12-07-2011
Pagan is 30 and hit .262 with 7 HRs, 56 RBI, and 32 steals.
Torres is 33, hit .221 and had 4 HR, 19 RBI and 19 steals.

WTF did we gain from this trade???? :-) :-) :-) :-)
BigAsh 10:10 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Dave128:
:-) Gonna be a real long season........
depends on your perspective....personally, I'm looking forward to the 2012 Mets....

:-)
yachties23 10:20 AM 12-08-2011
I wish I could ban myself from looking at this thread....

But I can't help myself...
Page 3 of 42
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up