Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Recommendations on a box purchase...
eber 04:56 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Any Oliva. Maybe O or G natural.
:-) I would go with the oliva G natural Torpedoes, all the ones I have had were great and would be a good choice for newbs :-)
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 05:11 PM 04-22-2009
Sancho Panza Double Maduros, You can find a box for about 40 bucks. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:46 PM 04-22-2009
I agree with Oliva Gs or Padron 2000!
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:48 PM 04-22-2009
Just remembered that the new Oliva Conn. Reserve would be great also. A nice mild full flavored smoke that anyone should like.
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:01 PM 04-22-2009
Great suggestions here. I would also recommend the RyJ Habana Reserve. Mild, and pretty inexpensive with 27 in a box.
[Reply]
ca21455 08:15 PM 04-22-2009
If you want something really special for a great price I recommend the 601 Habano Oscuro La Punta box of 20 for $88.20 at Lilbrown. This is a fantastic smoke for a great price.
[Reply]
GhostRyder 09:37 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Good luck with whatever you do, and congrats to your soon to be commissioned buddy. Hoo-rah! :-) By "SW Virginia" do you mean either the VT or Radford ROTC programs? My son's in RU AROTC.
Good deal. I have some friends over on the Radford side as well. It will be an all-hokie affair at this little get together. My friend is on the VT/RU Army staff actually but is going to be a Virginia Tech graduate. I'm Marine ROTC here at Tech but I've got another year before my commissioning (and a fun little jaunt at summer camp--OCS style). We'll actually be out in the Radford area this weekend (Radford Army Ammunition Plant) for our field training.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks for the responses.

I'm leaning Oliva G, but I'll look into all of the choices listed. Perdomos, Padrons, and Upmanns are particularly intriguing. I'm leaning away from the SPDMs just because I haven't had one personally. I'd like to be able to vouch for whatever I buy.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:09 PM 04-23-2009
I think you can't go wrong with any of the Padron x000s. Great value cigars. :-)
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 08:15 PM 04-23-2009
I'd say go with the Padron Thousand Series....cant argue with a Padron!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:33 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I think you can't go wrong with any of the Padron x000s. Great value cigars. :-)
:-) consistently consistent!
[Reply]
Caymus 10:30 AM 04-29-2009
I love the Oliva Connecticuts, and I just bought a 5-pack of Sancho Panza Double Maduros to try because of the recommendations on this board. I smoked my first one last night and I loved it...creamy, rich, smooth, not too mild or too strong...just great !! Thanks for the opinions ! I've just ordered a box of them for a great price.
[Reply]
GhostRyder 01:38 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Caymus:
I love the Oliva Connecticuts, and I just bought a 5-pack of Sancho Panza Double Maduros to try because of the recommendations on this board. I smoked my first one last night and I loved it...creamy, rich, smooth, not too mild or too strong...just great !! Thanks for the opinions ! I've just ordered a box of them for a great price.
Great to hear... I went with the Sancho Panza DMs in the La Mancha (Petit Corona) vitola. I'm pretty sure it's a petit corona, I'm still a newb. Anyway, lookin forward to the box.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:11 AM 04-30-2009
My stand by box for this type of scenario is Fuente 8-5-8 Maduros. Tasty enough that anyone will enjoy them, inexpensive enough that if the "I'll try one" crowd pitches them you won't cry about it.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up