Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>CI Slacking?
dwoodward 02:43 PM 09-19-2011
I ordered some cigars from CI on Wednesday night last week. On friday I called them because my order wasn't shipped yet. They promised it would ship that day. Now its Monday afternoon and it still isn't shipped.

Unless my order gets here like super fast, it looks like I will have to go on my trip WITHOUT any cigars. :-)

Just needed to rant... can't believe this.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:45 PM 09-19-2011
I've mentioned this many times, CI customer service sucks and it's a joke.

They deal with so many customers they dont care, simple as that.

Sorry to hear it though.
[Reply]
lyle23 02:58 PM 09-19-2011
I had a fiver get crushed during shipping by a box I purchased from CI. Within a couple of days of receiving my original order, I had my replacement sticks. They didn't give me any grief. That was the only problem I've had, to date. Knock on wood. Maybe I got lucky. Best of luck.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:59 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:

Sorry to hear it though.
Who do you use Bill unless its your B&M, I have heard good things about Famous Smokes....any witnesses to this?
[Reply]
macsauce13 02:59 PM 09-19-2011
When is your trip? I guarantee I can get you some cigars by then!! :-)

but seriously...
[Reply]
Ogre 03:03 PM 09-19-2011
I have also had issues with CI customer service. Placed an order, 3 days later contacted them due the the same thing (not shipped). I was told they were out of stock and my order would ship when they get restocked. I cancelled the order and have not purchased from them since.
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:14 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
When is your trip? I guarantee I can get you some cigars by then!! :-)

but seriously...
We leave Thursday night. I doubt anyone could rush me some sticks in that amount of time. What bugs me most is that they could come Friday now and be sitting on my doorstep until I am back Monday night.

Originally Posted by Ogre:
I have also had issues with CI customer service. Placed an order, 3 days later contacted them due the the same thing (not shipped). I was told they were out of stock and my order would ship when they get restocked. I cancelled the order and have not purchased from them since.
It still shows the Box and Sampler as in-stock, I don't know what is up.
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:20 PM 09-19-2011
I just order and cigars show up!

I try to not order if I need something right away!

[Reply]
dwoodward 03:25 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I just order and cigars show up!

I try to not order if I need something right away!
I normally wouldn't either, but usually CI ships within a few hours of all my orders, and it never takes more than 2 or 3 days to get here. If it doesn't ship tonight, I guess I am pretty much boned.

I just can't believe they would tell me Friday morning it was just getting ready to ship out and its now Monday and still hasn't shipped.
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:28 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I normally wouldn't either, but usually CI ships within a few hours of all my orders, and it never takes more than 2 or 3 days to get here. If it doesn't ship tonight, I guess I am pretty much boned.

I just can't believe they would tell me Friday morning it was just getting ready to ship out and its now Monday and still hasn't shipped.
Sorry for your troubles:-)

Because I'm in California, I get my orders in 7 days. If they come earlier, that makes me happy.

I hate ordering on a Friday, because I usually won't get my order until a week from the following Monday.

[Reply]
weak_link 03:44 PM 09-19-2011
I've never had any issues with CI, I think they are a fantastic business to buy cigars from.
[Reply]
bobarian 03:49 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I've never had any issues with CI, I think they are a fantastic business to buy cigars from.
:-) Never had a problem in five years.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:52 PM 09-19-2011
Sounds like they may be back ordered and may not be telling you for some odd reason. Their shipping time is usually top notch. If I place an order on a Wednesday I will usually have the order by Friday. Sounds like they may not be showing their cards with this one.:-)
[Reply]
loki 03:56 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:

Sorry to hear it though.
i doubt it's the volume of customers. i've had the opportunity to talk to starbucks cs 4 or 5 times and never once have I had a bad experience
[Reply]
Bill86 03:59 PM 09-19-2011
Well then I guess it's just me. I've dealt with a number of vendors and CI is absolutely the worst. Hands down.

Either way I know there are a few more members here who dislike CI maybe they'll chime in and provide a better possible explanation.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:13 PM 09-19-2011
When I order from CI...it takes two days and sticks are here. When I ordered the Pvnishers, they took 3 months. Hit and miss with CI. Famous and Holts are lightning fast at getting sticks shipped. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:53 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-) Never had a problem in five years.
Same Here.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 05:51 PM 09-19-2011
I have been ordering from them for a few years now and the only problem I had was from a recent Cigar Bid purchase. One of the wrappers on an Illusion "888" was cracked. They refunded the price of the stick and all is well.
[Reply]
dwoodward 06:19 PM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
When I order from CI...it takes two days and sticks are here. When I ordered the Pvnishers, they took 3 months. Hit and miss with CI. Famous and Holts are lightning fast at getting sticks shipped. :-)
Thanks for the tip... however I just checked and neither Famous nor Holts has the cigars I purchased.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 06:19 PM 09-19-2011
I have been odering from them for about a year now. I have yet to have any problems with them or my orders. Knock on wood... :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up