Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Jokes>So you are going to the Olympics
markem 10:03 AM 02-05-2014
Journalists are live tweeting their experiences in Sochi. Funny to me, but I'm not there. Some things seem like Beirut would be a step up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...l-experiences/
[Reply]
markem 10:07 AM 02-05-2014
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:21 AM 02-05-2014
Ohh boyyy! Soooo much to look forward to! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:43 AM 02-05-2014
Holy crap!!!
[Reply]
stearns 10:46 AM 02-05-2014
hmm... I'll stick to my couch :-)
[Reply]
STEVE S 01:30 PM 02-05-2014
This makes the front row seat on my recliner look even better.
[Reply]
DaBear 03:22 PM 02-07-2014
I guess I'll add some from Deadspin the past couple days:

The explanation for this one: "There are no dressing rooms at the practice rink, so teams must walk (or be wheeled) back and forth from their dressing rooms at the two arenas. Things will be fine once the games begin, as there are enough dressing rooms for each men's and women's team to have their own dedicated room."

From the Wall Street Journal:
"Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, reflected the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms."

A good quick read on the bathroom situation on Sochi:
http://deadspin.com/a-users-guide-to...chi-1516518904
[Reply]
stearns 03:29 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by DaBear:
From the Wall Street Journal:
"Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, reflected the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms."
uhh... wow...
[Reply]
Up