Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Lancero love
cigarmonkel 09:34 AM 06-01-2019
Thanks for the reviews. Historically I've always loved smaller RGs so lanceros, PCs ect have always been my thing. Lately I'm digging the larger RGs though for some reason. I still love a good Lancero though!
[Reply]
borndead1 08:35 PM 06-30-2019
Kristoff Corojo Limitada lancero (7.5" X 40)

This is, I believe, the first Kristoff cigar I've ever smoked. All the Kristoffs I've seen on auction sites and at B&Ms have been way too fat for my liking, so I was surprised to find these lanceros at a B&M recently.

Nice looking, deep brown wrapper with a nice sheen. Pigtail cap and shaggy foot (I think those look cool). Wrapper has a very distinct floral aroma. Heavy in the hand and a good draw.

First few draws are earthy, with that floral aroma coming through on the finish. About half an inch in, it starts settling into a fairly typical medium to full-bodied corojo wrap cigar. Spicy, a bit of bite in the nostrils.

A few inches in, the floral flavor makes a return. Large smoke volume. Nice smoke so far. Slow and even burn with only one correction a few minutes after lighting.

I enjoyed this cigar quite a bit, but it wasn't a mind blower. For the price (about $8/stick by the box) there are other cigars that I like more.

:-)
[Reply]
cigarlady7 09:19 PM 06-30-2019
I love lanceros and lonsdales. They are one of my fave vitolas. I have a MF and Tatuaje lancero resting right now.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:49 PM 07-11-2019
Liga Privada Unico Serie L-40 (7" x 40)

I don't buy Liga Privadas very often cuz they are usually out of my price range, even at auction prices. But I was on vacation and stopped at a tobacco shop that had a pretty impressive walk-in for a cigarette and vape joint.

This is a GOOD smoke, man. Very well constructed (I have almost never had a DE cigar with construction problems). No major twists and turns in the flavor, but deep flavors of coffee and unsweetened cocoa. Nice aroma coming from the foot. These are a definite winner and probably a box buy when I get my annual bonus. :-)
[Reply]
cigarlady7 10:05 PM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Liga Privada Unico Serie L-40 (7" x 40)

I don't buy Liga Privadas very often cuz they are usually out of my price range, even at auction prices. But I was on vacation and stopped at a tobacco shop that had a pretty impressive walk-in for a cigarette and vape joint.

This is a GOOD smoke, man. Very well constructed (I have almost never had a DE cigar with construction problems). No major twists and turns in the flavor, but deep flavors of coffee and unsweetened cocoa. Nice aroma coming from the foot. These are a definite winner and probably a box buy when I get my annual bonus. :-)
Have a few of these resting. Absolutely love them.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:15 AM 07-12-2019
Interesting, i wasn't a big fan of the L-40's, but I love just about every other LP. I did smoke my way through the box, but I've yet to buy any more.
[Reply]
Gabe215 02:29 PM 07-12-2019
Love this thread and Love Lanceros!!!
[Reply]
borndead1 09:55 PM 07-19-2019
Just finished another CBOM (Cigar Bundles of Miami) Tampa Blend. Excellent smoke! Slow, even burn, medium-full "strength", nice flavor, nice aroma coming from the foot.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:27 PM 09-10-2019
Don Pepin Garcia Blue lancero (7.5" x 38).

I've had a quite a few bad experiences with DPG stuff in the past few years; so many in fact that he's about to go on my 'do not buy' list.

Wow...another disappointing cigar from Pepin. Decent until about halfway, then a very noticeable ammonia/chemical flavor. I think I'm gonna have to put ol' DPG on the list. A sad day.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up