Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 33
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Sports>Packer fan thoughts
MarkinAZ 10:05 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
You may be reading more into this than it deserves, Todd.
Would you rather have him get into his teammates when they miss a block or drop a pass, ala a certain qb from just south of here? :-)
Not sure struggling is the right word either. Is he having another MVP year?
Probably not, but I'll bet he's still in the top 5 of leading every qb stat. I'll take that.
...and sometimes it just better to go off by yourself and ponder life (the game) too.

I was also impressed by the Packers runner game too...

[Reply]
bdgile 10:40 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
A win is a win

As a fellow Wisconsinite and Packer Backer... I AGREE!!!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:53 AM 12-10-2012
You may be reading more into this than it deserves, Todd.
Would you rather have him get into his teammates when they miss a block or drop a pass, ala a certain qb from just south of here? :-)
Not sure struggling is the right word either. Is he having another MVP year?
Probably not, but I'll bet he's still in the top 5 of leading every qb stat. I'll take that.
No, I'd rather he didn't pull a Cutler. Although, if you were watching, he did have words toward such people - especially if you were able to read lips.

I will agree that he is not having an MVP year. But it appears that there is dissension in the ranks toward him and him toward others.

I am also approaching this from the perspective that I have heard others say that there may be grumblings in the locker room of dissatisfaction between offensive players, and it may be affecting chemistry on the field as well as off the field.

When I talk about struggling, that is what I mean.

I pray it isn't true, I'd like to think that these guys are pretty cohesive. But...
[Reply]
dave 11:51 AM 12-10-2012
Can't put my finger on specifics, Rev, but I gotta agree with you. Who'd Rodgers single out in post-game interview? Certainly wasn't the wideouts or TE's. Only mentioned one of his linemen by name. Why sing praises of a RB who make the roster in Jacksonville and had all of 31 yards rushing? And I don't expect the defense to ever play together as a team as well as they could with Woodson and Matthews both out. They aren't the whole D, but they make the whole D better.
No way I'd bet money on them to beat NYG, SF or ATL in any venue right now. Or even Seattle.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:16 PM 12-16-2012
Relieved to see the Packers pulled through in todays game again the Bears, but couldn't quite understand the bonehead call on 4th down when the Packers attempted a "trick" play and the Bears recovered. Jeeez, let's just play football and punt the damned ball and cover appropriately.

This is a must game for the Packers and you don't need to be attempting "trick" plays period this late in the 4th Qrt.

Happy to see they took the NFC North again...:-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:20 PM 12-16-2012
Congrats to the Pack on another division championship! Heres to hoping the Bears lose out.
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:22 PM 12-16-2012
We are the champions. :-)
We'll see how far we go with our place-kicking capabilities. :-)
I liked Jimmy Johnson's analogy. Kickers get replaced when they get the yips. You don't know if it lasts a month or a year, but a playoff run is not the time to be trying to work your way out of it.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:27 PM 12-16-2012
I liked Jimmy Johnson's analogy. Kickers get replaced when they get the yips. You don't know if it lasts a month or a year, but a playoff run is not the time to be trying to work your way out of it.
I was originally watching the Giants/Falcons game, when Fox decided to switch to the Packers/Bears game (to my delight). So Crosby missed 2 attempts today?

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:28 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Congrats to the Pack on another division championship! Heres to hoping the Bears lose out.
Hey, AP of the Vikings ran like a race horse today:-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:32 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I was originally watching the Giants/Falcons game, when Fox decided to switch to the Packers/Bears game (to my delight). So Crosby missed 2 attempts today?
Missed badly on his first attempt and doinked another off the upright. I know his last 15 attempts or so, maybe 3 went through the middle of the uprights. He definitely has some issues, either mechanical or mentally.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:03 PM 12-16-2012
Missed badly on his first attempt and doinked another off the upright. I know his last 15 attempts or so, maybe 3 went through the middle of the uprights. He definitely has some issues, either mechanical or mentally.
Had an "conversation" on facebook about how poorly he's doing right now. I was basically told that if I felt that way, I should try to do better. Pay me 1.65 million dollars this year and I will definitely try!
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:06 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Had an "conversation" on facebook about how poorly he's doing right now. I was basically told that if I felt that way, I should try to do better. Pay me 1.65 million dollars this year and I will definitely try!
I don't think they have a helmet to fit you. :-):-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:07 PM 12-16-2012
Funny, I've heard that a lot. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:10 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Funny, I've heard that a lot. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:14 PM 12-16-2012
You know, I don't know if he could play football. Is there a Jewish law somewhere? I am not trying to be funny, but curious.

I do not know of any Jewish football player - ever. Is/Was there one?
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:25 PM 12-16-2012
You know, I don't know if he could play football. Is there a Jewish law somewhere? I am not trying to be funny, but curious.

Gabe Carimi and Podlesh, Bears punter were a couple we played today. There's a few more out there.

http://www.jewishtimes.com/index.php...h_nfl_players/
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:15 PM 12-16-2012
Gabe Carimi and Podlesh, Bears punter were a couple we played today. There's a few more out there.

http://www.jewishtimes.com/index.php...h_nfl_players/
Cool!
[Reply]
Stephen 05:27 AM 12-17-2012
We are the champions. :-)
We'll see how far we go with our place-kicking capabilities. :-)
I know that cartoon's not Crosby. That cartoon is kicking what he's aiming for...
[Reply]
Stephen 05:36 AM 12-17-2012
I believe Gabe Carimi (Bear Jew) and Greg Camarillo are. As far as all time, I know that Sid Luckman, Andre Tippett, and Ron Nix are.
[Reply]
Stephen 06:11 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Relieved to see the Packers pulled through in todays game again the Bears, but couldn't quite understand the bonehead call on 4th down when the Packers attempted a "trick" play and the Bears recovered. Jeeez, let's just play football and punt the damned ball and cover appropriately.

This is a must game for the Packers and you don't need to be attempting "trick" plays period this late in the 4th Qrt.

Happy to see they took the NFC North again...:-)
Good grief, they went full retard on that play. I honestly can't say what upset me more; the first miss by Crosby or that play.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 33
« First < 11192021 222331 > Last »
Up