Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Dark Lord Day 2010
gvarsity 07:14 PM 03-17-2010
Congrats to those who got tickets. ATT f*d me as my internet was out for about an hour and a half so I never got a chance. I can't complain to much I guess I was at all sure I was going to be able to make it even if I got tickets. Still it would have been nice to have had the option.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:29 PM 03-17-2010
I got an email, no shipping for $20.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:29 PM 03-17-2010
Sorry to hear Bob.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:39 PM 03-17-2010
I think I need another beer now too.

I will see you all there for a drink and a smoke!!
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:41 PM 03-17-2010
Another???? Lush.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:44 PM 03-17-2010
Guinness is like water to me. I had four of them and two Irish Car Bombs.

I just cooked homemade lobster ravioli and looking for a real beer. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:56 PM 03-17-2010
You drink Irish Car Bombs for breakfast, don't ya?
[Reply]
mastershogun 07:58 PM 03-17-2010
Got an email confirmation but my wife did not receive one... anyone else not get an email confirmation?
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:04 PM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
You drink Irish Car Bombs for breakfast, don't ya?
2-3 is the best way to start a day.

Originally Posted by mastershogun:
Got an email confirmation but my wife did not receive one... anyone else not get an email confirmation?
I got an email for my two tickets.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:05 PM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by mastershogun:
me 2 .... quickly
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:21 PM 03-17-2010
3Floyd's Update:
http://www.darklordday.com/uncategor...-ticket-sales/

Thanks for everyone who purchased golden tickets, that was a wild ride. There where a few hiccups along the way but everything should be sorted out now.

A couple of things to note:

No one will be charged shipping. There was a hiccup in our admin system that caused shipping charges to be added to golden tickets. These charges will not be applied to your credit card. We are removing all shipping charges from your orders.

The site outage was regrettable, but wow, we brought down shopify. We received this email shortly after our services where restored.

Hey guys, Mike from Shopify here.

We’re extremely sorry for the bad showing we gave to your flash-sale of tickets on your Shopify store. I’m afraid you cought us with our pants down with the sheer volume of customers all at once, our datacenter couldn’t handle that many orders a second. We had to disable inventory tracking on all of Shopify temporarily, otherwise we couldn’t keep the system up. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused to you and especially your customers.

Sincerely,

Mike Rochon
Head of Support
Shopify.com

The traffic was amazing. We’ll try and get some actual numbers together for you in the near future. Because of the constant refreshing we’ll be testing for duplicate orders and making sure nobody got charged twice for tickets.

So rest assured we will be burning the midnight oil making sure your tickets get to you hassle free. Until then we’ll be toasting a Three Floyds beer to all you Dark Lord Fanatics.
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:26 PM 03-17-2010
Yeah. That was one hell of a hiccup in the system.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:38 PM 03-17-2010
I feel bad for anyone who balked on buying when they saw the $20 shipping charge.

Do they sell any more tickets for the Dark Lord at the event, or was this it?
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:35 AM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I feel bad for anyone who balked on buying when they saw the $20 shipping charge.

This was it.
[Reply]
Scimmia 07:09 AM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Depends if they have any Dark Lord left after 6PM. Last year, there was some left so they sold more tickets for the remaining bottles.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:15 AM 03-18-2010
I have heard after all the ticket holders get their beer they sell the left over. Also heard they have another version of the Dark Lord that they don't sell and that only offered by the glass at the event.

Either way you should come down Tom. (I'll bring some Black Boss and Mudpuppy Porter)
[Reply]
Scimmia 08:40 AM 03-18-2010
You could always buy some of the tickets that are already going up on Craigslist. One guy put up a pair for $250 and another guy is selling them for $100/each.

:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:55 AM 03-18-2010
OK, so who's staying up there and who is just flying in and out?

I may get a room....... but I dunno yet.

Google says it's a 600 mile, 10 hour round trip. So, it'll take about 8 hours round trip. :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 11:43 AM 03-18-2010
Got my tickets!! Ok my friend Adam got them. He rocks! Holy crap I can't beleive it is over a month away though. Congrats to everyone. See you down there.
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:04 PM 03-18-2010
Just looked at my bank account and it shows right now that I bought 5 sets of 2 tickets at $100. I hope they clean this up or I might have some extra tickets. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up