Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>I am well on my way, thanks to all of you
lovenhim 02:46 PM 08-16-2010
Well here is an update. :-) I am well on my way to enjoying my first cigar. I am not sure what it will be yet. I have a few coming with a humidor, and also a Ronson lighter. I have a twin blade stainless steel cutter, a cigar ashtray, and butane. Once the items arrive then I can start to put all the pieces together just like I have been told from all this help. Thank you very much for helping me learn and leading me in the right direction. :-)
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 02:51 PM 08-16-2010
Glad to hear you are joining the masses! I hope your first cigar is as enjoyable as I know mine was. Welcome to the club, er.....I mean asylum!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:11 PM 08-16-2010
Cut up the credit card now!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
itzfrank 03:12 PM 08-16-2010
My best advice to you:

Don't let anyone get ahold of your address. haha.
[Reply]
MrPlatypus 03:14 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I second that idea, as it will switch from hobby to obsessive-compulsive disorder really quickly!
[Reply]
lovenhim 03:14 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
No worries there, I do not own a credit card and I have no debt. If I can not buy it outright, I do not buy it. :-) I just bought a $0.97 cigar ashtray & a $1.87 Ronson butane from Wally's World. It is not pretty but it is functional. LOL

Don't let anyone get a hold of my address???? But how can people send me stuff if I do not give it out? After all folks on here have mild/newbies smokes just sitting there that they will never smoke because they like full bodied stuff. LOL :-)
[Reply]
galaga 03:19 PM 08-16-2010
Good luck in finding a cigar you will enjoy. If you can, find a cool evening, a sunset, a nice beverage and a tall tree to talk to. Smoke slow. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 03:21 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by lovenhim:

Don't let anyone get a hold of my address???? But how can people send me stuff if I do not give it out? After all folks on here have mild/newbies smokes just sitting there that they will never smoke because they like full bodied stuff. LOL :-)
Well, it's hard to explain, but you'll learn :-)
[Reply]
lovenhim 03:23 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by galaga:
Good luck in finding a cigar you will enjoy. If you can, find a cool evening, a sunset, a nice beverage and a tall tree to talk to. Smoke slow. :-)
You read my mind. I am all over that one. To me....and being a newbie....this is about enjoying the smoke and experience. It is not about the gadgets and the gear. I enjoy wet shaving with a DE (double edge) razor and for me it is about the quality of the shave and not the gear. I own one fantastic shaver, one sweet brush, and soap I make myself. I am a simple person and I enjoy the simple things in life, so doing what you said is right up my alley. :-)
[Reply]
benedic08 03:30 PM 08-16-2010
Harden up your bank account now.... Before you know it, you'll be kicking your bank account in the crotch... Repeatedly...... When i started smoking cigars within three days my bank account cant have babies anymore..... hahahahahah
[Reply]
lovenhim 03:40 PM 08-16-2010
Mmmmmmmm, cigars
[Reply]
hotreds 04:12 PM 08-16-2010
Yes, remember that cigars aren't addicting- buying cigars is addicting!
[Reply]
darkleeroy 04:24 PM 08-16-2010
Buying, smoking, bombing... It's all the same thing.
[Reply]
lovenhim 04:53 PM 08-16-2010
bombing?
[Reply]
benedic08 12:45 AM 08-17-2010
Yep bombing... With pinpoint accuracy..... Careul with these guys.... They dont play nice.....
[Reply]
Chingas 02:49 AM 08-17-2010
Mmmmmmmm, cigars
You'll come to realize after a while that it's not even the cigars. It's the company in which you enjoy them with. And you'll find that the BOTL in the Asylum are the company to beat.
[Reply]
bigdix 03:07 AM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
:-) I'm not even sure I LIKE them :-)
[Reply]
treatneggy 03:37 PM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
:-) So many to try, but so little money. And all the limited releases aren't helping, either!
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:59 PM 08-17-2010
Well here is an update. :-) I am well on my way to enjoying my first cigar. I am not sure what it will be yet. I have a few coming with a humidor, and also a Ronson lighter. I have a twin blade stainless steel cutter, a cigar ashtray, and butane. Once the items arrive then I can start to put all the pieces together just like I have been told from all this help. Thank you very much for helping me learn and leading me in the right direction. :-)
Wait what? You joined a cigar board, bought all kind of accessories, humidors, ect. and you have never actually smoked a cigar? What if you find out you hate cigars?
[Reply]
GolfNut 04:13 PM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Wait what? You joined a cigar board, bought all kind of accessories, humidors, ect. and you have never actually smoked a cigar? What if you find out you hate cigars?
Actually I read that he started out with JR Alternatives and is expanding on that. Not sure what he means here by first cigar. ??
The guys at SC have sent him some samples, humi etc so he should be set up pretty good for a while.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up