Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Tat's New Monster Series
maninblack 03:35 PM 08-15-2010
Don't kill the messenger folks! Just thought some people around here would wanna know about these.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:42 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
This thread will fill up with hate talk
hate talk or not, I don't care. I tried the Drac and the Boris and liked them and I hope I will be able to get my hands on one of those 'faces' as well.
[Reply]
sikk50 03:47 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
hate talk or not, I don't care. I tried the Drac and the Boris and liked them and I hope I will be able to get my hands on one of those 'faces' as well.
Good! Liking them or not was not what that comment was about. You've read the old threads about Tat and monster series, they always spiral down :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 04:45 PM 08-15-2010
I'll be honest and I will be looking for these when they come out. May not go with a full box but a 5er or two will be in my sights.
[Reply]
BTcigars 05:04 PM 08-15-2010
Anyone else notice the Tat products from Dupont? Im guessing it will be somewhere in the $400-$500 neighborhood. Another expensive lighter without a case, no less.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 05:51 PM 08-15-2010
I'll be on the lookout for the them... but won't be disappointed if I don't score some. +50 rg cigars aren't my cup-o-tea.
[Reply]
guado 06:42 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by BTcigars:
Anyone else notice the Tat products from Dupont? Im guessing it will be somewhere in the $400-$500 neighborhood. Another expensive lighter without a case, no less.
$500 for the set.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:55 PM 08-15-2010
Wow, he has a lot of 56 RG coming out.
[Reply]
Starz26 06:56 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy:
blah, blah, blah... I'm so over all the hype...I'd rather have a kick ass cigar with no band that comes in a bundle. Probably not going to happen though, because everyone seems to want pretty packaging. The last time I tried to smoke the box, it burned my lungs....so now I only smoke the cigars themselves.
LMAO, actually, "The Face" has no band (your 1st criteria) and will also come in bundles without the box (your second criteria) so...........
[Reply]
Brooks W 07:09 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Starz26:
LMAO, actually, "The Face" has no band (your 1st criteria) and will also come in bundles without the box (your second criteria) so...........
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 07:26 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
:-):-):-):-)
:-)

I AM looking forward to this cigar and all of the new releases. He puts out some damned good cigars. He also has said in interviews that he has fun with the cigars and enjoys making LE sticks. So if you don't like then don't buy. Remember what mom's have been saying for generations,"If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all."

Besides, I think the OP was asking for info and not opinions even though I just gave mine.
[Reply]
Starz26 07:52 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
:-)

I AM He also has said in interviews that he has fun with the cigars and enjoys making LE sticks.
If you have ever met Pete you would be able to tell instantly that this is the case. His love for cigars and the business is self evident.

I am greatful that the monster series is continuing as for a period of time that was in question due to the comments / problems created by the availability from last years release. It simply was not fun to continue.

Originally Posted by :
Besides, I think the OP was asking for info and not opinions even though I just gave mine.
As for information, I would appreciate any info as well. I do not think anyone has smoked on yet so it may be scarce...

Maybe Pete will chime in on the blend, tasting notes, etc. Better yet, if he could send me one, I will post a review immediatly....:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:50 PM 08-15-2010
The Face will have a band. If you look at the photo close and there are better photos in an older post the band will be made with a lighter shade wrapper. I'm hoping these will not be as difficult to find as releases in the past but I guess only time will tell.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:51 PM 08-15-2010
Found it.
[Reply]
Brooks W 08:54 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
The Face will have a band. If you look at the photo close and there are better photos in an older post the band will be made with a lighter shade wrapper. I'm hoping these will not be as difficult to find as releases in the past but I guess only time will tell.
That is not a band, it is another piece of tobacco...

~brooks
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:02 PM 08-15-2010
If I had a spare $500 I'd be all over this. The cutter and lighter look awesome, and I'd love to be able get a box of the monster series on release, since I really wasn't into boutique cigars when the previous series were released.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 09:05 PM 08-15-2010
Tasty!
To bad 3 B&M's screwed me out of an overpriced box last year, Pfft, the hell with it, still got a partial box of the Franks and I am good to go :-)
No hype for me
[Reply]
darkleeroy 10:33 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
If I had a spare $500 I'd be all over this. The cutter and lighter look awesome, and I'd love to be able get a box of the monster series on release, since I really wasn't into boutique cigars when the previous series were released.
The I think the cutter and the lighter are one piece, which makes it even more appealing to me. It's one of the Dupont Maxijet cutter/lighter combos.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:39 PM 08-15-2010
I think its a great great concept, and the dedication to try to personify a character within a cigar is a really interesting idea. Make me want to look up every cigar I smoke for the off-chance it has a cool back story that might allow me to enjoy it further...

That being said, 56rg is big. Almost too big for my liking. I will try to find one, but I wont be disappointed if it doesn't come through for me.
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 06:52 AM 08-16-2010
Maybe true, but it still has got to be a kick ass cigar. So far, the monsters have been less than stellar, especially given the hype.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up