Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Someone take away my cbid password - please!!!
sevans105 10:31 AM 08-04-2010
If you have avoided the financial black hole that is cbid...SAVE YOURSELF!!! Seriously though, it really does have some good deals...I picked up a box of rocky patel vintage 1990 for 38 bucks. RP 90s for less than 2 bucks a stick!! How could I not!
[Reply]
bsmokin 12:32 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by bishjd123:
I should have gotten the message when there was a choice between daily or weekly shipping.
:-) HA! SO TRUE!!!!
[Reply]
sevans105 03:33 PM 08-04-2010
Cbid is so bad because the buying is WAY more addictive than the smoking....the Quickies page always gets me. All the bids start at a buck....How can you not bid on a box of RP Vintage 1990's for a buck...then is rises, and you HAVE to bid because now it's 20 bucks...and 20 bucks is still super cheap, then its 40 bucks....and heck, that's still just 2 bucks a stick right? So you bid again, and again. And oh, those Man o War samplers look awesome...have to bid on those, Oh, and there's those 601 Blue labels those guys on CA were talking about. Pretty soon you wind up with 150 cigars coming.

The next week you do it ALL over again. BAD BAD BAD. Like I said in another post, "If I wasn't already divorced, this would get me there".

I just checked my new winnings....I have another 100 coming. (oops)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:13 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
no problem..gimmie your account info and I'll have it fixed.
:-)

Read OP's post and wondered how soon I was beaten to this response.
Seems it was post #2.:-)
[Reply]
Pass 08:45 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Cbid is so bad because the buying is WAY more addictive than the smoking....the Quickies page always gets me. All the bids start at a buck....How can you not bid on a box of RP Vintage 1990's for a buck...then is rises, and you HAVE to bid because now it's 20 bucks...and 20 bucks is still super cheap, then its 40 bucks....and heck, that's still just 2 bucks a stick right? So you bid again, and again. And oh, those Man o War samplers look awesome...have to bid on those, Oh, and there's those 601 Blue labels those guys on CA were talking about. Pretty soon you wind up with 150 cigars coming.

The next week you do it ALL over again. BAD BAD BAD. Like I said in another post, "If I wasn't already divorced, this would get me there".

I just checked my new winnings....I have another 100 coming. (oops)
Yup... I have had the same problem for a while. I'm spending myself into oblivion when I SHOULD be saving for the 3 - 4 boxes that I KNOW I want. Ugh.

...I have another massive shipment going out tomorrow (I do the weekly to save on shipping) and it's gonna sting my bank account. And overflow my little desktop humi.
[Reply]
rgrecco 09:45 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
Yup... I have had the same problem for a while. I'm spending myself into oblivion when I SHOULD be saving for the 3 - 4 boxes that I KNOW I want. Ugh.

...I have another massive shipment going out tomorrow (I do the weekly to save on shipping) and it's gonna sting my bank account. And overflow my little desktop humi.
I might be able to fit a few in my humi for you... That is if you need storage space... I WILL NOT promise that they will still be there when you come back looking for them though...

RON
[Reply]
sevans105 07:54 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
no problem..gimmie your account info and I'll have it fixed.
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Just give me your CC #, sign in name and passowrd and I'll take care of this "problem" for you.
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I have an easier solution, just change your shipping address to my house. I have plenty of room in my cabinet. Anytime you want, you can come by and grab something to smoke. :-)
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)

Read OP's post and wondered how soon I was beaten to this response.
Seems it was post #2.:-)

You guys are SOOO generous and willing to help. :-) I come to you with a true need and you simply make fun of me. Guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows by bidding on more cigars. OH WAIT. Crud.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 09:25 AM 08-05-2010
I also need some help. I just spent $80 that I don't have. I need counseling.
[Reply]
JohnE1000 12:26 PM 08-05-2010
you better throw away your cc now, you've been warned!
[Reply]
sevans105 12:28 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
I also need some help. I just spent $80 that I don't have. I need counseling.
We should start a cbid support group.... call it CBA. (Can't call it CA for obvious reasons). 12 step our way back into financial sobriety.
[Reply]
Chingas 12:32 PM 08-05-2010
We should start a cbid support group.... call it CBA. (Can't call it CA for obvious reasons). 12 step our way back into financial sobriety.
Pointless. The hole is too deep!
[Reply]
treatneggy 02:25 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
Same here, although not so much cbid as monster and Famous' sale page. Problem is I keep seeing stuff that would make a good 1hr smoke that I can take to work, while the stuff I REALLY want is either too expensive for daily smokes or takes too long to smoke for me to deal with at work.
[Reply]
weak_link 03:27 PM 08-05-2010
Your problems could be worse. :-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 06:09 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Not really, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:15 PM 08-05-2010
My Only Solution, "Don't Look"!:-)
[Reply]
cigarz 10:34 AM 08-07-2010
I feel the same pain. I only smoke 3 to 4 'gars a week, and at the rate I am going (I did a little extrapolating), in three years I will have more cigars than I could smoke if I lived to 100!
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:39 AM 08-07-2010
It's the sickness brotha it's the SICKNESS!!!

So many great deals and not enough money!

I think i have my cbid madness in check... Now
Viaje's that's whole nother problem!:-)
[Reply]
sevans105 11:00 AM 08-07-2010
Ok...I get my 3 day coin today. I've made it for three whole days without bidding or buying any cigars or cigar related product. (I've looked, but looking isn't cheating....right? Right?) Let's see if I can go a whole week. Gonna be tough. I get my latest shipment in on Tuesday. I know I'm gonna be heavily tempted to see what the "latest and greatest" deals are. Any one wanna be my sponsor?
[Reply]
Chingas 12:57 PM 08-07-2010
Ok...I get my 3 day coin today. I've made it for three whole days without bidding or buying any cigars or cigar related product. (I've looked, but looking isn't cheating....right? Right?) Let's see if I can go a whole week. Gonna be tough. I get my latest shipment in on Tuesday. I know I'm gonna be heavily tempted to see what the "latest and greatest" deals are. Any one wanna be my sponsor?
I can help a Brother out. I'll rashin your smokes by the day. I'll need your computer, phone, iPad/iPod. And all your Credit Cards.

You'll thank me later.

This will Hurt you alot more than it's gonna Hurt me!
[Reply]
klipsch 01:36 PM 08-07-2010
Just hit Change Password and type something like kufdytrvbilhuxyerdiyuh ioygfutvrd. Make sure you copy past it to confirm the change. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up