Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Talk to me about Omar Ortez
MajorCaptSilly 09:03 PM 08-06-2010
I'm thinking about getting a box of natural and maddies on JR for $129/ea. I've seen some reviews but still am undecided. Give me a reason baybee!

MCS
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:06 PM 08-06-2010
Scott...I have a box of the Omar Ortez Original Maduros and I LOVE these things. I thought I got a deal for $ 160 for 60 sticks. You can grab these for $ 129??? WOW!!! What are you waiting for? Very mild to medium, sweet and tasty maduros!!! The naturals ain't half bad either!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:00 PM 08-06-2010
with any luck i'll smoke my first one tomorrow and i'll report back to you!

Nite Fella's!
[Reply]
RHNewfie 06:09 AM 08-07-2010
Smoked the maddy awhile back, a long while back, and recall wishing I had gotten more. That being said, I have not had one since.
[Reply]
dccraft 07:01 PM 08-12-2010
Just had a natural tonight and found it to have a very nice medium bodied smoke with just a touch of spice. I believe I like the maddys a bit more because I just like maddys :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:23 AM 08-17-2010
I got both boxes last week. I've had a maduro and natural. So far, I like the maduro better. It's fairly mild but very flavorful and produces lots of heavy smoke. The natural is quite a bit stronger and has a very woodsy flavor to it. It tasted a little young to me, so I'm hoping age will help. Both smokes are well worth the $2.15/each pricetag on them at JR.

MCS
[Reply]
longknocker 08:40 AM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I got both boxes last week. I've had a maduro and natural. So far, I like the maduro better. It's fairly mild but very flavorful and produces lots of heavy smoke. The natural is quite a bit stronger and has a very woodsy flavor to it. It tasted a little young to me, so I'm hoping age will help. Both smokes are well worth the $2.15/each pricetag on them at JR.

MCS
Thanks, Scott! May Need To Look Into The Maddies!:-)
[Reply]
guado 12:00 PM 08-17-2010
He's a pretty cool guy. Knows a good deal about tobacco. About 5'10 ish and a little on the heavier side but definitely not obese...
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 12:57 AM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by guado:
He's a pretty cool guy. Knows a good deal about tobacco. About 5'10 ish and a little on the heavier side but definitely not obese...
You forgot too mention that he speaks very little English....

On the other hand, one of the new products he and Altadis are releasing after the IPCPR is the Warlock line....which was surprisingly good...a wonderful medium body that starts out like a bit of a lion...and finishes like a kitten...they are billing it as a full-bodied, "boutique-style" cigar....they are not going to be very expensive...I would give them a try...
[Reply]
Up