Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>kristoff/vengeance sampler yes or no
timj219 08:20 AM 07-30-2010
Monster has a kristoff/vengeance sampler right now. I've never tried one but the famous descriptions are tempting me and the reviews I looked up here were mostly positive. I'm ordering from famous today anyway and when I subtract the shipping I'm going to save that brings these 6 cigars to under $3 ea

Anybody know any reason I shouldn't pull the trigger on this deal?
[Reply]
timj219 09:29 AM 07-30-2010
Well I went for it. The kristoff/vengeance sampler was tacked on to my order. Now I have to come up with a reasonable (work relevant) explanation of why I have to work from home monday. Because I will want to be there to rip my box out of the UPS driver's hands and get to work on deciding which of the goodies will go up in smoke first - a kristoff, something from the puros huerfanos sampler, or one of the oliva G. The Oliva is the only one I've smoked before so it's going to be research time again. I love research.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:40 AM 07-30-2010
Fri..Yes...
Mon..No..
Tue..No
Wed..No
Thur..Yes
Just in case you ask for next week and I'm not around :-)

But honestly if you've never tried and are on the fence than a sampler is the best route.
[Reply]
timj219 10:09 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Fri..Yes...
Mon..No..
Tue..No
Wed..No
Thur..Yes
Just in case you ask for next week and I'm not around :-)

But honestly if you've never tried and are on the fence than a sampler is the best route.
I'm loving samplers. And when I don't see one that piques my interest I've been just ordering a bunch of singles and making my own sampler. I tell myself I'll smoke them and find a couple that I like and only order those again but honestly I've only found a very few so far that I wouldn't like to try again. I've only been on this journey a very short time and I already have a list of over twenty cigars I've tried once and liked and want to smoke again. My "no good" list has only about three smokes on it.
At this rate I'll be 90 before I get to revisit all of them. I guess that's a good problem to have :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:27 AM 07-30-2010
Sorry I'm late but I have to give a big yes. I love every cigar in that sampler.

MCS
[Reply]
thebayratt 10:48 AM 07-30-2010
Every Kristoff is a great smoke. The Vengeance wasn't my cup of tea though...
I have gone through 2 of these samplers and never had a bad Kristoff. I just gifted the vengeance to buddies.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:03 AM 07-30-2010
I haven't tried the Vengeance yet, but you can't go wrong with a Kristoff. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 11:56 AM 07-30-2010
The Vengeance used to be good, when it was made by RP. Havent had the newer ones.
[Reply]
Mad Max 12:02 PM 07-30-2010
I bought two different Kristoff's a few months back, and both I couldn't get them to draw! I poked the hell out of both and no go, $25 down the drain! I left a message on their website, never heard back from them.
[Reply]
whodeeni 01:13 PM 07-30-2010
I had draw and burn issues with mine as well. I thnk i have another one
that just keeps looking at me and i haven't had the courage to touch it.
THe one i've smoked so far was the Ligero Maduro
[Reply]
timj219 06:24 PM 08-21-2010
The answer to this question turned out to be a resounding YES!
I've smoked the Vengeance Series 98, the Kristoff Maduro and the Kristoff Ligero Criollo. The burn issues some of you mentioned did crop up with the Maduro but the 98 and the Ligero were outstanding. If the last three in the sampler are as good as the first I'll be very pleased. Not sure if I'd buy the sampler again at full price but if it comes up again on the monster I won't hesitate. Great value.
The pigtail and folded shaggy foot that I wasn't sure about when I bought these turned out to be great features. The pigtail makes for an easy cut and the folded foot provides an effortless even light even on the 54 ring.
[Reply]
timo 06:53 PM 08-21-2010
Loved this sampler. The Vengeance wasn't that bad.
[Reply]
lighthousebill1 07:55 PM 08-21-2010
I have tried all the Kristoffs they are good. I enjoyed everyone...
[Reply]
Pass 06:49 AM 08-22-2010
I have this sampler hiding in my humi right now. Gonna give them all a couple of solid weeks before firing any up. Hopefully that will resolve the burn and draw issues that I've read about.
[Reply]
ckay 01:53 PM 08-22-2010
Sampler was up on Friday for $20.
[Reply]
Up