Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidor Suggestions/Info
mjdx88 01:51 PM 10-12-2012
Hey Guys,

I'm slowly coming back into the hobby after a long hiatus. I'm still kind of a newbie when it comes to cigars but I have had a fully stocked humidor in the past. This is where my problem lies, my first humidor was a no name brand humi, it was very nice and worked great! But this time around I would like to do everything right, also my fiance will be more than likely getting me the humidor as a gift which means I need to tell her exactly what to get, she is kinda clueless when it comes to cigars and cigar accessories.

I am starting to look around at humidors and there is no shortage of them, but I cannot not find a lot of information on a more reputable brand like Don Salvatore (I really like the silver studded chest humidor).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had experience with Don Salvatore humi's? I'm trying to be around $300 or less. I have also seen the Dunhill, Prometheus, and Diamond Crown humis, although I'm not sure where to purchase one since I know there are a lot of fakes/knock offs floating around the web. I am also looking for a humi that is 50-120 cap. I am willing to go smaller than 50, since I am planning to build a coolidor in the near future.

This humidor will be for show and hold some nice smokes, my first box I will be purchasing will be La Aurora Preferido's

I'm not looking to do a wineador right now or the coolidor, I do not have the space right now for one. I am planing on buying a house over the next year or so, which is when I plan to build my coolidor.

Thanks,
Mike
[Reply]
ksknnr 02:20 PM 10-12-2012
Hey Mike,
I have actually been looking for a nice humidor myself. Their are a few good makers on this site. I am leaning towards one from Waxing Moon. Do a search for waxing moon and you will find a few topics on them.
good luck,
[Reply]
equetefue 03:05 PM 10-12-2012
Hopefully someone can back me up but I have 5 humidor at the moment; from desktop to cabinet; and two of them are made by Cuban Crafters. They are great looking and both hold humidity extremely well. They go for about 120 or so and hold around 150 sticks each. I highly recommend them
[Reply]
SvilleKid 07:42 PM 10-12-2012
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58123

WaxingMoon is only one of several members that make and sell custom humidors. And they do the right!!!
[Reply]
big pete 08:04 PM 10-12-2012
Or you can just skip the desktop humidors and go straight to a wineador. Find a gently used one and you can have it up and running for $300 or less
[Reply]
mjdx88 09:38 PM 10-12-2012
Who else makes humis on the forum waxing looks really nice that seems to be a good option
[Reply]
icehog3 10:48 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by big pete:
Or you can just skip the desktop humidors and go straight to a wineador. Find a gently used one and you can have it up and running for $300 or less
Originally Posted by mjdx88:
I'm not looking to do a wineador right now or the coolidor, I do not have the space right now for one.
:-)
[Reply]
big pete 08:58 AM 10-13-2012
Doh!:-)
[Reply]
mjdx88 08:22 PM 10-16-2012
Thanks for the suggestion pete i know how hard it is to want to go larger, i dont even smoke enough but i always want more. Dont worry it will happen next tjme around
[Reply]
Up