Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Jalapeno
PCR 06:47 PM 09-04-2012
Well maybe I'm late to the party here but while I was enjoying a very nice cigar yesterday (with my wife) I had some chips/dip with jalapenos in it. Whoa, talk about having the cigar flavors go up a few notches! :-) Anyone else stumble across this?
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:40 PM 09-04-2012
Originally Posted by PCR:
Well maybe I'm late to the party here but while I was enjoying a very nice cigar yesterday (with my wife) I had some chips/dip with jalapenos in it. Whoa, talk about having the cigar flavors go up a few notches! :-) Anyone else stumble across this?
Haven't heard of this but i love Jalapenos, Ill give it a shot next Mexican night !!!

Thanks for the Idea...
[Reply]
icehog3 07:43 PM 09-04-2012
Curious as to what cigar you were smoking, Paul? Wondering if this might complement a peppery stick best?
[Reply]
PCR 08:54 PM 09-04-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Curious as to what cigar you were smoking, Paul? Wondering if this might complement a peppery stick best?
The "peppery stick" is a good idea. I was smoking a Capadura 898 cigar (6 X 60), a bit big but the taste is off the charts.

From their website:

Wrapper: Arapiraca / Brazil
Binder: De Olor/ Villa Gonzalez, Dominican Republic
Filler: Piloto Cubano from Dominican Republic and Corojo from Esteli, Nicaragua

I like a bit of spice from Brazil and Nicaragua. They were hard to find (the retailers on her website carried no stock) I received these as a sampler from the company owner Ruth Batista. A friend of mine brought a few back home from IPCPR 2011. I e-mailed Ruth, let her know how much I liked them. Before I knew it, she sent me a sampler. I do see them available from Nu Cigar online (never heard of them before). So here I am making a short story long... Maybe we've stumbled onto a good paring here?
[Reply]
icehog3 09:48 PM 09-04-2012
Thanks, Paul.

Good pairing? If you liked it, that's all that matters. :-)
[Reply]
PCR 07:18 AM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thanks, Paul.

Good pairing? If you liked it, that's all that matters. :-)
Bingo! Yep. kind of like what is the best cigar? It's the one you like. :-)
[Reply]
Up