Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Is this normal?
MrClean 04:02 AM 09-22-2011
So I've gotten into cigars pretty heavily the last 6 months or so. Previously, just a few here and there. I've noticed that when I have down time at work, I keep thinking about which stick I want to smoke when I get home. Which leads to think about which ones I want to buy next.
I blame each and every one of you here...that is what I told my wife anyway. So be expecting a 'nasty-gram' from her in the near future. :-)
[Reply]
Moose6026 04:05 AM 09-22-2011
Fairly new myself and having the same problem. It appears to be what is refered to in these hallowed walls as "a sickness." :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 04:21 AM 09-22-2011
I don't think about which stick I will have next, no I am worse, I will look at my small collection of sticks and move the one I am smoking next to the top and that's my next smoke...but I have started a shopping list for the next time I have some $.

Now I can't tell you how many FB pages I have "liked" or websites and blogs I have subscribed to and "favorited"

It's an obsession for sure.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:00 AM 09-22-2011
There is a good reason they refer this as the "Slippery Slope". :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 08:10 AM 09-22-2011
welcome to the club
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:24 AM 09-22-2011
Dont worry, the buying stops once you're broke. :-)
[Reply]
Apoco 08:32 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
...as long as you don't have credit. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
WittyUserName 08:54 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Originally Posted by Apoco:
...as long as you don't have credit. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
To quote Clueless "Charge It!!"

I have the same problem that the OP has. I keep buying cigars and I am running out of room. In fact I just picked up a few 5ers yesterday and a box of the Tat Blacks. I am also working on a box split right now. HELP ME!!!
[Reply]
Ogre 09:01 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by MrClean:
So I've gotten into cigars pretty heavily the last 6 months or so. Previously, just a few here and there. I've noticed that when I have down time at work, I keep thinking about which stick I want to smoke when I get home. Which leads to think about which ones I want to buy next.
I blame each and every one of you here...that is what I told my wife anyway. So be expecting a 'nasty-gram' from her in the near future. :-)
Thanks brother, we do our best. If there is anything I can help with in the future feel free to ask!!!!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:45 AM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by MrClean:
Small & tiny things like this should'nt bother you. The big problem you should focus on is when you run out of cash, credit & room for youR stash. At that point the walls start closing in on you & your humi inventory starts to vanish. :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:49 AM 09-22-2011
Then there's guns, and wine, and fishing, and..., and..., and...
[Reply]
STEVE S 02:12 PM 09-22-2011
The "Slippery Slope" can be expensive, and there is very little hope of slowing down.
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:27 PM 09-22-2011
Yes. This is normal!

I try not to think!!!:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:29 PM 09-22-2011
Yup, nothing unusual here!
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:31 PM 09-22-2011
We knew you needed to be committed before you did :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 02:42 PM 09-22-2011
Yes, you are "normal" in this crowd!!
[Reply]
shilala 02:57 PM 09-22-2011
When it takes you more than five trips to carry all your cigars across the basement, you have a problem.
Let me rephrase...
When it takes you more than five trips to carry most of your cigars across the basement, you have a problem.
[Reply]
Ogre 03:08 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
When it takes you more than five trips to carry all your cigars across the basement, you have a problem.
Let me rephrase...
When it takes you more than five trips to carry most of your cigars across the basement, you have a problem.
Listen to him. He is speaking from experience!!!!!:-)
[Reply]
MrClean 04:05 PM 09-22-2011
HAHA! You guys crack me up......now I'm kinda scared too. Anyone have a spare bedroom for me? Won't be long before my wife kicks me out. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Drez 04:10 PM 09-22-2011
ah the slope strikes again.......

well my advice is dont try and fight the slope..... it always wins...... just enjoy the ride :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up