Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cuban rounds robusto
Don Fernando 01:45 AM 06-24-2011
I got this cigar from a friend in a trade and did some research because I never heard of the brand before. It turns out that it is a Nicaraguan short filler for JR Cigars with a binder and filler from Cuban seed tobacco with an EMS wrapper. A bundle of 40 of these robustos will set you back 60 dollars.

The cigar is a bit shorter than the 5 inch the JR website claims it is, it measured 4¾x50. The wrapper is dark and dry with a few thin veins. The construction feels good and I smell a tiny bit of wood. The predraw is fine and I taste dry raisin. The band is a complete Cohiba rip-off.

The first flavor I taste reminds me of dry autumn leaves with some wood, the flavors are a bit musty. I also taste a little bit of sweet chocolate.

After a third I taste more chocolate with some wood and after two thirds the flavors change into a dry but smooth wood with some herbs and sweet chocolate.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and ten minutes, which is not bad for a short filler robusto. I got a medium thick grey smoke. The draw and the burn are good, while the gray ash is quite firm. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah, don't think so, although they are dirt cheap so they could be nice yardgars

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kingcobradude 08:48 PM 11-12-2011
I get them mainly because they arent too much. they do have a peppery taste to me. kinda like a spicy bbq taste. not bad for 2 bucks
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:52 AM 11-13-2011
Thanks for the review Ferdi. Nice looking color on the ash...

[Reply]
Taki 11:14 AM 11-13-2011
Nice review:-)
[Reply]
Up