Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>I don't think I would be "approved"...
68TriShield 06:36 PM 03-27-2010
to live in a place like this.
I try to be gentle to the environment but I would not want my neighbors for lack of a better term,up my ass like it would be here.

What are your thoughts on this type of living?

http://www.libertyvillage.com/index.html
[Reply]
markem 06:39 PM 03-27-2010
I have two different friends who did the build-from-scratch co-housing thing. For one, it wasn't a good fit and they left about 4 years ago. For the other, it has been their dream eden.

It has its pluses and minuses just like anything else.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 06:42 PM 03-27-2010
Yeah, I really don't like people that much. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:44 PM 03-27-2010
Not for me.
I won't buy a home with HOAs let alone this setup. I don't want some strangers making decisions on what I can or cannot do to a home that I own.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:46 PM 03-27-2010
I would be a great people person if I actually "liked" people. Chances are there would be a Rumble in Brighton when the "co-residents" came after me with pitchforks, a bucket of tar, and a sack of feathers.
[Reply]
bvilchez 06:48 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Not for me.
I won't buy a home with HOAs let alone this setup. I don't want some strangers making decisions on what I can or cannot do to a home that I own.
Well I bought a home with HOA's and that's enough for me!!!!

Bad enough I can't do anything in my front yard but don't tell me when to cook dinner!!!!
[Reply]
pnoon 06:53 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Well I bought a home with HOA's and that's enough for me!!!!

Bad enough I can't do anything in my front yard but don't tell me when to cook dinner!!!!
No $hit.

And what do you say when they hand you kool-aid?

I'm all for a green environment but wow.
[Reply]
captain53 06:55 PM 03-27-2010
1 home with a HOA was one to many f'n bunch of arseholes for me, sold it and moved in 2 years and just the term HOA pisses me off. Life is best in a shack in the middle of 100+ acres surrounded by fences and trees outside of any kind of zoning area......:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:58 PM 03-27-2010
I'd probably be about as OK as I was were we used to live. When I started making charcoal, burning downed trees, smoking meat every weekend, and shooting a rifle it all went downhill pretty quickly!!
[Reply]
hotreds 06:59 PM 03-27-2010
Smoking would be Verboten.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 07:41 PM 03-27-2010
Today...KISS Dinner (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm)

Maybe this place is cooler than it seems?

[Reply]
Blueface 07:45 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Not for me.
Peter,
It is awful.
Not very many homes one can buy in South Florida without HOA's.
Nazis I tell you!!!
[Reply]
forgop 08:00 PM 03-27-2010
Today, I looked up the covenants of the HOA for the house I just bought. This one just baffled me:

"Frequent barking or howling of dogs or annoying behavior of pets to homeowners, can result in the pets being impounded by Animal Control."

Sorry, but if I have my dogs kept in my fenced back yard at all times and animal thinks they're going to step on my property and impound my dogs, the HOA and animal control has another thing coming.

Personally, I like the protection of not living next to Jethro and having his '78 Camaro on blocks in the driveway or that annoying car parked on the street every freaking day.
[Reply]
captain53 08:05 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Today, I looked up the covenants of the HOA for the house I just bought. This one just baffled me:

"Frequent barking or howling of dogs or annoying behavior of pets to homeowners, can result in the pets being impounded by Animal Control."

Sorry, but if I have my dogs kept in my fenced back yard at all times and animal thinks they're going to step on my property and impound my dogs, the HOA and animal control has another thing coming.

Personally, I like the protection of not living next to Jethro and having his '78 Camaro on blocks in the driveway or that annoying car parked on the street every freaking day.
Give it 6 months, I would take Jethro living in a motorhome on blocks over any a-hole I ever met that was active in a HOA.
[Reply]
forgop 08:08 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Give it 6 months, I would take Jethro living in a motorhome on blocks over any a-hole I ever met that was active in a HOA.
I've been in a HOA for 7+ years now and like I said, it's not great, but I'd rather deal with the HOA than a redneck neighbor operating a car repair shop out of his garage.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:13 PM 03-27-2010
I've been in a HOA for 7+ years now and like I said, it's not great, but I'd rather deal with the HOA than a redneck neighbor operating a car repair shop out of his garage.
To each his own brother... and I know what you are saying. However, I would rather live next door to Jethro who was working than some tight arse who was more concerned with the color of my mailbox.
[Reply]
junkinduck 08:23 PM 03-27-2010
I am that redneck neighbor without the running the garage part. I live in the center of 50 acres so nobody much cares if I piss off the porch and shoot big guns in the evening. Don't think I could stand people telling me what I could park in the yard or how many cars, tractors, trucks, jeeps, campers, dogs, cattle, hogs, you get the point.
Back to the rolling rock and oliva.
[Reply]
M1903A1 08:27 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Peter,
It is awful.
Not very many homes one can buy in South Florida without HOA's.
Nazis I tell you!!!
Just wait'll they tell you not to chuck your plugged cigars in the lake anymore!! :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:17 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
Just wait'll they tell you not to chuck your plugged cigars in the lake anymore!! :-)
Or roast a pig in your driveway. :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 09:54 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by :
We put a high priority on listening to each other's point of view & working things out.
Yeah. Ask Klugs how that works out. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up