Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Jokes>Microsoft Technical Support called me!
kgoings 02:22 PM 09-19-2014
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I thought I would share because I thought it was funny. There is a scam where people call claiming to be MSFT and try to get access to your computer. They called me today for the 3rd time this year. I thought I would share how the call went.

Me: Hello this is Kirk

Them: Hello this is <Indian name> with Microsoft Technical Support

Me: Yes?

Them: We are calling to inform you that your computer has a virus and every time you log onto the internet you information is being sent to a Server.

Me: (In a very sarcastic concerned voice) Oh my God! That is terrible!

Me: (Now very appreciative..again dripping with sarcasm) That is SO nice that you would do that, to notify me that my computer has a virus. Thank YOU!!!

Them: Yes, you are Welcome. I will show you how to get rid of the file, all you have to do is share your screen with me and give me control.

Me: No thank you.

Them: No I must show you how to get rid of this Virus, your information..

Me: Nah, Virus's are kinda cool!

Them: Virus's are cool?

Me: Yea!

Them: If you don't get rid of this virus we will block your IP address from the internet.

Me: Okay! I'll just get a new one.

Them: We will block you from the internet.

Me: Go Ahead! Are you doing it now? I can still get on the internet! When are you going to do it? Go ahead I dare you!

They hung up.... LOL
[Reply]
T.G 03:02 PM 09-19-2014
:-) :-) :-)

Awesome. Just pure awesome.
[Reply]
G G 03:27 PM 09-19-2014
I like it!!!!!!
[Reply]
EricF 03:29 PM 09-19-2014
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 03:52 PM 09-19-2014
I average a call every six weeks or so. I used to screw with them too, but it got tiring. Now I just tell them "Listen to this......" and hang up.
[Reply]
markem 05:40 PM 09-19-2014
I put them on speaker phone and then make them do the whole schtick. They used to ask me if the computer was turned on, but I kept telling them that it was none of my business if the computer was turned on, so they stopped that part.
[Reply]
357 07:32 PM 09-19-2014
This thread reminds me of a guy named Tom Mabe. He used to promote his comedy CDs on a local radio station. His first CD was called "Revenge on the Telemarketers". This link is to my favorite bit, one of the first he ever recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...3dNCzFdc#t=120

It's just audio.
[Reply]
357 07:59 PM 09-19-2014
Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=-7OgWcwgB50
[Reply]
Up