Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>A Very Special Thank You!
Giant & 49er Fan 11:26 AM 08-25-2010
I woke up this morning, and like every morning for the past several weeks, I went straight to my laptop to see what emails have hopefully rolled in from potential employers. I have spent every day prior to the motorcycle accident and everyday after, looking for work. No emails from any employers today.

However, I did receive this email that said I have been blessed! My B&SOTL here on CA have come together and blessed me and my wife with a collection of funds to help us out in our time of need. I write this Thank You, humbled, by the kindness and consideration that has been demonstrated by those that came together.

The biggest struggle through my accident has been that I haven't been able to contribute and be the leader in my family that I am used to being. It has crushed me to not have work and then get knocked down by the accident. But as most people know about me, I get back up. Always! I stay positive and keep a smile on my face and keep my faith that God tests the strong, stronger. He rewards those that keep the path and thier faith. I believe that through you, he has rewarded Kate and I. Kate has worked 7 days a week since the accident to make ends meet. Because we both have left our previous employers, our insurance has lapsed, leaving us with little money and not able to pay our Cobra to cover all my medical expenses which will total over 1 million.

Because of your act of kindness, I am close to enough money to pay the Cobra Insurance back to June and cover my medical expenses. Again, I am humbled. Thank you so much for your help! Though I was told not to ask questions about "who" or "how". I will find out who and your mailbox will be destroyed! :-)

Thank You So Much and God Bless You All!

Love,

Kate and Jaime
[Reply]
Chingas 12:10 PM 08-25-2010
:-)

Enough Said!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:14 PM 08-25-2010
This board and the people here never stop to amaze me.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:16 PM 08-25-2010
Awesome!
[Reply]
Eleven 12:18 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
:-)

Enough Said!
Not sure enough can ever be said about the people here!
[Reply]
Blindjimme 12:33 PM 08-25-2010
The people here are over the top. God bless this place and all who understand what it represents.
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 02:30 PM 08-25-2010
That's one of the coolest things I think I have ever seen and read, God Bless the members of this forum. I am truly amazed. :-)
[Reply]
Samsquanch 02:34 PM 08-25-2010
True brothers and sisters not only in word but in deed. What a great story, thank you for sharing.
[Reply]
Steve 02:35 PM 08-25-2010
:-):-) for the CA Crew!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:44 PM 08-25-2010
Kudos to the mystery do gooders!!! First class all the way around!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:21 PM 08-25-2010
The B&SOTL here are truly great and wonderful people.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 08:36 PM 08-25-2010
This place is definitely special :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:16 AM 08-26-2010
Chin up, brother. :-)
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 12:34 PM 09-23-2010
I thought I'd update my B&SOTL as things have progressed over the last month or so.

Since I was blessed by so many of you, I have been able to start PT on my knee. My determination has brought me to work out everyday and now I'm walking w/o crutch or cane and no more straight brace. AND I started driving yesterday. Now that I'm able to drive, I will be able to start work on Monday.

Today I have decided to treat myself to my first trip to a local B&M since arriving in California!!!! I feel like a new man and I owe so much of this recovery to you all. I thank God everyday for blessing me to know all of you and for the work that he has done through you.

Thank You Again! :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 02:48 PM 09-23-2010
A simple :-)....way to go Jaime!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:21 PM 09-23-2010
great new Jaime!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 03:29 PM 09-23-2010
Excellent! This place is truly a family that cares for and takes care of its own. These types of things bring me a sense of such pride in our great community.

Glad to hear the news brother :-)
[Reply]
Up