Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
General Discussion>Wrist-Watch experts
dijit 06:39 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by Conch Republican:
Greg, careful what you say...there are people that can come up with an elephant for you...then you have to clean up the Lincoln Logs :-)
I thought elephants made Bocci Balls!
[Reply]
Steve 06:46 AM 01-07-2014
Greg, careful what you say...there are people that can come up with an elephant for you...then you have to clean up the Lincoln Logs :-)
:-):-)

:-) :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:52 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by G G:
Hello, I am looking for a new watch and don't have a bunch of money to spend. I like big, heavy, metal band watches. I was looking at Invicta watches on Amazon and was wondering what the lowdown on them is. This one is 45 mm diameter case, but the reviews are mixed as to the reliability of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-5249S-...icta+pro+diver

anyone have any experience with these? Or have any alternatives I should consider. As I said money is a little tight right now so I can't spend a lot.

Thanks
You can't get a "nicer" watch for $100ish than Invicta. Finishing is really nice, has nice dial. I'd go for Quartz models over Automatic. My girlfriend has an Invicta and it's holding up well.
[Reply]
G G 08:24 AM 01-07-2014
You are correct: I don't really want, need, or have room in my humi for an elephant.:-)
[Reply]
G G 08:25 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
You can't get a "nicer" watch for $100ish than Invicta. Finishing is really nice, has nice dial. I'd go for Quartz models over Automatic. My girlfriend has an Invicta and it's holding up well.
Thanks, I appreciate your input Moses. I have been reading your (and others) posts in the watch thread and I value your opinion.:-)
[Reply]
G G 08:56 AM 01-07-2014
I would suspect that shipping an elephant would be cost prohibitive too.
[Reply]
Conch Republican 06:08 PM 01-07-2014
Dude, I have Amazon Prime...2 day shipping of elephants is free, and $3.99 for 1 day. :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:25 PM 01-07-2014
Dude, I have Amazon Prime...2 day shipping of elephants is free, and $3.99 for 1 day. :-)
I did have it, and if I still did, I would see your elephant and raise you a hippopotamus.:-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:02 AM 01-08-2014
Careful Greg, I'm pretty sure there is a one-rate box for this...

[Reply]
G G 07:39 AM 01-08-2014
Well let's get back to the business at hand. The watch I ordered from shophq was supposed the be here tomorrow, but the tracking says it's coming a day early. Will post up pictures later when I arrives.:-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:55 AM 01-08-2014

:-)
[Reply]
G G 08:00 AM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by Steve:

Ahem, I said getting back to the bidness at hand. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:19 AM 01-08-2014
I'm out...

[Reply]
G G 08:31 AM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by Steve:
I'm out...

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
G G 09:14 AM 01-08-2014
Maybe tracking is wrong. Mailman came and no watch. It was shipped UPS but with that deal they deliver to the post office. So not sure why is says it will be delivered today. Oh well.
[Reply]
G G 02:32 PM 01-08-2014
Well now I checked the tracking and it says that it was transferred to the post office and changed delivery back to tomorrow. Seems that UPS is kinda going downhill.
[Reply]
longknocker 09:46 AM 01-09-2014
Well now I checked the tracking and it says that it was transferred to the post office and changed delivery back to tomorrow. Seems that UPS is kinda going downhill.
Many Shippers Switch & Ship To Post Office. Must Be Cheaper, But Always Takes Longer.:-)
[Reply]
G G 01:34 PM 01-09-2014
Okey doke. I got the one I ordered today and here is some pics:

It feels like it weighs 2 pounds and looks like it weighs 4 pounds which is what I wanted. It is big, but I wanted that too. The magnifier on the date is awesome too because I aint old yet, but my eyes try to act like they are and on the cheapo I Casio I was wearing I couldn't see the date, but on this one it's clear as a bell. I love it. It's a big, heavy watch, which is what I like.
[Reply]
G G 01:35 PM 01-09-2014
Oh yeah, these things must be made for someone who is 7' 5" and weighs 400 pounds cause I had to take three links out of the bracelet. Which I did myself cause I don't need no stinkin jeweler to do it for me. Plus I managed to do it without tearing it up, which is a plus. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 01:36 PM 01-09-2014
Oh yeah, these things must be made for someone who is 7' 5" and weighs 400 pounds cause I had to take three links out of the bracelet.
maybe you're just dainty? :-)

but seriously, nice looking time piece ya got there, keep us updated with how it works out for ya :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up