Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
General Discussion>When did bombing become an announced event?
massphatness 12:23 PM 01-04-2014
(sorry Huy) I probably should have changed my screen name to MassFATness after that happiness.

Bomb as you see fit, no doubt, but bomb for the right reason: to show a brother he's thought of and cared about. There are times, not always - but times, when I'll read a bomb thread/launch announcement and come away feeling that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the target and everything to do with the sender trying for the ooh & ahh factor. I know this feeling well because I was guilty of it more than once at the old place. I wanted to be seen as a standup gorilla. I didn't care who I targeted; just so long as everyone knew I was about to lay the smack down. It took a while for me to adjust my thinking. I may announce a bomb every now and again these days, but more often I like to attack from stealth mode. There's something to be said for shock and awe, to be sure, but like the snipers say, "If you heard the shot, it wasn't meant for you."
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:11 PM 01-04-2014
This is why I enjoyed the newbie trade thread, you could bomb the heck out of someone new to the asylum and sometimes quite new to the world of cigars and really blow them away, personally I really enjoy that. I remember getting my first package from there and I was left seriously shocked and overwhelmed at the person's generosity, not to mention getting to try a couple of handfulls of new sticks I've never seen in my local B&M.
[Reply]
shilala 02:56 PM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Certificate of ***** Slapedness
That made me lol for real. I'm still giggling. :-)
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
The answer is, when people started announcing bombs. :-)

I've been on the forums for about 8 years or so (predominately here, and before that, CS). I think some bombs have always been announced (since I've been active). Here, I can say that's definitely the case. Organize the Bombs Forum by date in descending order and you'll see "announced bombs" within the first week of CA's creation. I really don't want to go back to the other place to do further research. :-)

Is the percentage of bombs that are announced higher than before? Probably. But to an extent, some bombs have always been announced, here at CA anyway.

I could say more, but I keep deleting what I type...that usually means I shouldn't post it. :-) I urge others to do similarly.:-)
Good job, Joel. Right on the money, too. As long as I've seen bombs flying, I've seen some of them announced.
[Reply]
MUNKY 09:34 PM 01-10-2014
I do it for the loll's, some with warning, some without, most just because you guys here have opened your house and let me sit down and eat with you...breaking bread with great people and awesome company. I truly hope there wasn't a rule about giving a warning because quite frankly my clown is awesome....

[Reply]
Lockspur 11:05 PM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by MUNKY:
I do it for the loll's, some with warning, some without, most just because you guys here have opened your house and let me sit down and eat with you...breaking bread with great people and awesome company. I truly hope there wasn't a rule about giving a warning because quite frankly my clown is awesome....

Ahem. YOUR clown??. :-)
[Reply]
Lockspur 08:55 AM 01-11-2014
My apologies, my link is to an old thread...not a recent one. Just a proviso. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up