Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Bjarne pipe ID help
PCR 04:20 PM 02-14-2015
I have this very nice Bjarne pipe, anyone here help with age/model, etc... It's a bent bulldog and that's about all I know. I don't think it's a Viking. Thanks all!

[Reply]
PCR 05:48 PM 02-14-2015
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:00 PM 02-14-2015
If you can post up two or three photo's Paul, we may be able to assist:-)
[Reply]
PCR 09:18 PM 02-14-2015

Maybe Mogens Johansen's pieces? Smoked a bit of Cyprian mixture in it today, perfect draw.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:57 AM 02-15-2015
Definately a Bjarne with the logo "BJ" on the stem. I do not see it as a bulldog though. I'm thinking more "apple" due to the roundness of the bowl. If the two circles were further up and the bowl took on more of a slight "V" shape, then I would say "bulldog." Looking at the very slight bulge in the middle, you could possibly push it in the direction of a "Rhodesian."

But, I'm thinking more "apple" Bjarne Nielsen.

Other than the "BJ" on the stem, were there any other "marks" or "stamps" observed in or around the shank areas?
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:49 AM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Definately a Bjarne with the logo "BJ" on the stem. I do not see it as a bulldog though. I'm thinking more "apple" due to the roundness of the bowl. If the two circles were further up and the bowl took on more of a slight "V" shape, then I would say "bulldog." Looking at the very slight bulge in the middle, you could possibly push it in the direction of a "Rhodesian."

But, I'm thinking more "apple" Bjarne Nielsen.

Other than the "BJ" on the stem, were there any other "marks" or "stamps" observed in or around the shank areas?
Doesn't a Rhodesian have a round shank?
[Reply]
PCR 08:57 AM 02-15-2015
Round shank = Rhodesian was my first thought. Bulldog/apple...? Stamped on the bottom across the square shanke is "Bjarne Handmade in Denmark"
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:10 AM 02-15-2015
Well, age and/or model I can't help you with Paul, but I can say it is a beautiful looking pipe and I hope you get years of enjoyment from it:-)
[Reply]
PCR 10:20 AM 02-15-2015
Well, age and/or model I can't help you with Paul, but I can say it is a beautiful looking pipe and I hope you get years of enjoyment from it:-)
Thank you Mark, if the first bowl out of her is any indication, indeed many years of enjoyment coming. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 04:39 PM 02-15-2015
What he said!
[Reply]
Up