Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>What should i buy???
RichieBklyn 02:33 PM 03-23-2012
I am most interested in FLAVOR. Pepper, coffee etc, I want to taste it all! What are you guys smoking that you feel is very flavorfull. At this time in my smoking experience I am willing to pay between $5 to $8 bucks a stick. Also where are you buying these flavorfull sticks? And lastly where do you find out that a cigar sounds like it is for you, before you buy one. I have recently been watching the video reviews on cigar websites and that has proven to be a good start. I like med-full bodied cigars on the longer side, I know that s what she said...
thanks form taking the time.

Richie bklyn
[Reply]
icehog3 02:38 PM 03-23-2012
Some olf my favorite sites are:

Holts
Tampasweethearts
Duke City

Flavor bombs I have enjoyed recently include cigars from Esencia, the Illusione lines, Don Pepin Blue Labels, Cain Daytonas, Liga Privadas.

Always dig the Fuentes....Hemingway line, Anejos, Opus....though the latter two will likely cost more than $8 a stick.
[Reply]
RichieBklyn 02:41 PM 03-23-2012
Thanks for the start Ice...
[Reply]
oooo35980 02:44 PM 03-23-2012
Can't go wrong with Undercrowns or 601 maduro. Both right around your price point, also I love K.A. Kendall's 7-20-4,

Atlantic, new Havana, and CI for some decent samplers.
[Reply]
RichieBklyn 02:52 PM 03-23-2012
Thanks ooo, CI has been my new credit card filler! TY...
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:07 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Some olf my favorite sites are:

Holts
Tampasweethearts
Duke City

Flavor bombs I have enjoyed recently include cigars from Esencia, the Illusione lines, Don Pepin Blue Labels, Cain Daytonas, Liga Privadas.

Always dig the Fuentes....Hemingway line, Anejos, Opus....though the latter two will likely cost more than $8 a stick.
This.

I would add Diesel Unholy Cocktail as a great full flavored budget stick.
[Reply]
shilala 03:16 PM 03-23-2012
I'd suggest the Don Pepin Black Label (Cuban Classic) along with the ones others suggested. They're on sale a lot, I'd suggest trying Atlantic Cigar.
[Reply]
Jefft72 03:31 PM 03-23-2012
My trip to the local shop is where I like to grab some time from the guy who works there. I tell him that I smoked this or that and liked certain aspects, or disliked certain aspects, and that I would like to spend X. He in turn starts walking around the humidor and recommending to me what he thinks I might like. These hunting visits usually last longer than I intended, but Matt never makes me feel rushed, but if he needs to take care of business he will excuse himself and then come back when available.

My point is that visiting a local shop can be a great experience in getting recommendations. I do my share of checking out blogs for reviews and such, but the shop visit is where I come out with things that I had not even thought about.
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:28 PM 03-23-2012
601 Blues, LP Undercrowns, EO Murcielago's, maybe Kristoff Maduro's and DPG Blue labels are all well in your price range and some of my favorite sticks with that flavor profile. They all are very well made, and toe the line intermingling pepper, cocoa and coffee with perfection!
[Reply]
RichieBklyn 05:38 PM 03-23-2012
wow u guys are really proficient! I gotta lot of homework to do this weekend!!!
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:53 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by RichieBklyn:
wow u guys are really proficient! I gotta lot of homework to do this weekend!!!
We do like our cigars here:-)

My input LFD Ligero!
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:59 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
We do like our cigars here:-)

My input LFD Ligero!
Ligero? I wouldn't recommend one of the strongest, full bodied cigars that blast you with pepper like an LAPD SWAT team obsticle course to the novice smoker.....:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:32 PM 03-23-2012
I agree with the 601 blues or greens, DPG maduro's, Cain Daytona's, Oliva's, Undercrown's, LP's.....I could go on and on and on.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:46 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by thecatch83:
Ligero? I wouldn't recommend one of the strongest, full bodied cigars that blast you with pepper like an LAPD SWAT team obsticle course to the novice smoker.....:-)
Good point:-) I retract my statement and insert EPC new wave Connecticut!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:46 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I agree with the 601 blues or greens, DPG maduro's, Cain Daytona's, Oliva's, Undercrown's, LP's.....I could go on and on and on.
601 Blue! :-):-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 07:29 PM 03-23-2012
Quesada Espana....Wonderful, flavorful cigar :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:30 PM 03-23-2012
Don't know if this would be off of your flavor profile, but for some cocoa with your coffee, try any Padron, especially the maduro. A Padron 3000 maduro will only cost you about $6.00. You can find these online everywhere and in every shop.

Also, for some interesting flavors, consider a Viaje, either the Oro or Platino line. To me, the Oro tends to be a bit stronger. You can pick up either in the robusto size for about $8.00. Atlantic usually has a pretty good selection. I wish I could describe the melding of flavors I get off of these, but the term "mediterranean" comes to mind, like nutmeg, cinnamon, anise. At least IMO.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:31 PM 03-23-2012
I should add that I wouldn't consider Viaje's to be "beginner" smokes, but hey, you never know until you try!! Happy Hunting!
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:40 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
Don't know if this would be off of your flavor profile, but for some cocoa with your coffee, try any Padron, especially the maduro. A Padron 3000 maduro will only cost you about $6.00. You can find these online everywhere and in every shop.

Also, for some interesting flavors, consider a Viaje, either the Oro or Platino line. To me, the Oro tends to be a bit stronger. You can pick up either in the robusto size for about $8.00. Atlantic usually has a pretty good selection. I wish I could describe the melding of flavors I get off of these, but the term "mediterranean" comes to mind, like nutmeg, cinnamon, anise. At least IMO.
Agreed about Padron x000 maduro's, they are always delicious and smoke so consistent! Relatively inexpensive as well.

Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
I should add that I wouldn't consider Viaje's to be "beginner" smokes, but hey, you never know until you try!! Happy Hunting!
Agreed....their entire line is full as full can get.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:35 PM 03-23-2012
DPG JJ series Maduro
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up