Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
All Cigar Discussion>Spiders tried to eat my face.
nick2021 09:01 PM 03-09-2012
I smoked a twig once and I think it edged out a Gurkha by a tad

Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
i think that the spider would not have messed up the cigar for the most part. But the twigs would have changed the whole smoke. As in the burn and i have never tried to smoke a stick anyone want to tell me what that is like lol

[Reply]
lenguamor 09:25 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by nick2021:
:-) /thread
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 09:30 PM 03-09-2012
So I guess the cigar version of "no stems, no seeds" is "no twigs, no eggs"?
[Reply]
Islayphile 09:32 PM 03-09-2012
Was that twig a natural or a maduro?
[Reply]
Dave128 10:00 AM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
They are called camel spiders and Fvck them. They will charge at you if they feel challenged
Ummm...no thank you. I'll pass.
[Reply]
hotreds 11:03 AM 03-10-2012
[Reply]
macsauce13 11:20 AM 03-10-2012
Can we stop this? I was enjoying this thread, and now I'm just scared. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 11:23 AM 03-10-2012
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:07 PM 03-22-2012
Did we ever find out what cigar this was?
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:08 AM 03-23-2012
I just want to know their response
[Reply]
poker 08:28 AM 03-23-2012
Thats what you get for buying your cigars on the "web" :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:07 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by poker:
Thats what you get for buying your cigars on the "web" :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:44 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Good GOD! Looks like the freakin' larvae out of the movie Alien!
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:54 PM 03-23-2012
I say Gurkha......
[Reply]
LostAbbott 10:34 PM 03-30-2012
Well they got a few sticks out to me in the mail as well as some swag. Their response was pretty surprised and thanked me for being chill and not freaking out all over the internet. I thought it was a really positive response from them.
[Reply]
TanithT 10:56 PM 03-30-2012
I like spiders, camel spiders especially, but NOT IN MY FREAKIN' CIGAR THANK YOU. That would not be nice to smoke. Not to mention remarkably unpleasant for the spider.

I really miss having camel spiders around. Solfugids are among the niftiest of arachnids to keep, but there are not any in North Carolina. I would pay lots of moneys for the specimen in the photo, though I have to suspect it's a 'shop - that would be a SOUS (Solfugid Of Unusual Size) and a serious collector's prize.

Speaking of collector's prizes, I dropped back in mainly to give y'all an early heads-up on some stuff that looks seriously drool-worthy that will shortly be up for auction. But more on that elsewhere, and when I have permission to say more. Or PM me.

In the meantime, anyone who has giant camel spiders (alive and healthy; dead specimens are not wanted) is invited to send them over here. I'll be very happy to send some non spider infested thanks your way. Er, do check local legalities before you send anything, though - some countries have unreasonable and silly laws about what species can leave it, even when you're allowed to kill them by the hundreds and leave them on the garbage heap. Grumble mutter Australian venomous snakes grumble mutter. Want and can not have, but the folks over there can do whatever rude things they like with their native wildlife. They just can't ship them to someone who likes and wants them. Fooey.
[Reply]
TanithT 11:10 PM 03-30-2012
Bah, you can't properly recreate the flavor profile of a Gurkha with a twig.

Unless you age it in moldy dirt.

Seriously, is it just me, or does anyone else taste actual earth in those things? In fairness, the extreme earthiness/dirt taste component is not 100% bad, and there are foods I'd even try pairing that stick with - mushrooms and truffles definitely come to mind. It's just not entirely my idea of good, so I generally pass on the moldy dirty twigs. Er, Gurkhas.

Your taste and mileage may of course vary.
[Reply]
andromalius 01:53 PM 03-31-2012
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Well they got a few sticks out to me in the mail as well as some swag. Their response was pretty surprised and thanked me for being chill and not freaking out all over the internet. I thought it was a really positive response from them.

That's good to know that they responded and took care of you. I hope they take a look to see if there's a way to prevent it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up