Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>Spiders tried to eat my face.
Skywalker 08:19 PM 03-08-2012
Yikes!!!:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:23 PM 03-08-2012
It's the new Gurkha Black Widow. They worked months on this blend.
[Reply]
lenguamor 08:27 PM 03-08-2012
[Reply]
jluck 08:28 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
At least they finally put some thought in to what's in there cigars.:-)
[Reply]
Reaver2145 08:36 PM 03-08-2012
Ive pulled some strange things outer my sticks but spiders are a first
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 08:38 PM 03-08-2012
:-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:08 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
You think a spider could have crawled all the way up to the cap in a rolled cigar?:-)
You think a roller could have rolled up a nest of eggs without noticing it?:-)
[Reply]
smitty81 09:11 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
Just seems like it would have to be a pretty darn small spider. Even then it seeme like a tight crawl.
[Reply]
goomer 09:35 PM 03-08-2012
I smoked a "Spirit of Cuba" cigar yesterday that had the same type of thing. I cut the cap with a V cutter and pulled out a bit of what I thought looked like cotton. I wonder if it was a spider nest also or maybe it was just some cotton that somehow got rolled up in it. Anyway, I smoked it. Didn't like the cigar at all.
[Reply]
DaBear 10:01 PM 03-08-2012
Its possible. If the roller was not the one who destemmed the leaf, they could have easily just picked it up from a pile and bunched it with other leaves without noticing. If they were responsible for destemming that particular leaf as well as rolling its less likely for it to have gone unnoticed, but still possible. Easiest way to destem is to fold in half and pull the stem out, if the web was on the inside of the folded leaf it could go unnoticed fairly easily. These are handmade products made by people on somewhat of a schedule. Hence why we end up with a plugged cigar every so often.
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:32 PM 03-08-2012
He missed the twigs....

:-)
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 01:15 AM 03-09-2012
Sorry you had to find that, I would be pretty weirded out too! But honestly, who cares what company this was? If he said it was a Liga, would you guys really stop smoking/buying them because of this thread? If it was a Padron, Tat or Fuente, would you really stop smoking them if you found out it was them? Sure I might think differently if it was from a company with a bad rep already, but I really could care less as sh*t happens.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:42 AM 03-09-2012
Best response ever!

Sorry this had to happen and yep I would be freaked out too.....not only beetles, but now we have to watch out for spiders......man I CANNOT tell the wife about this one heh.
[Reply]
maninblack 06:12 AM 03-09-2012
I told my wife and she freaked out. Guess that's why it's my hobby and not hers.
[Reply]
Stephen 10:07 AM 03-09-2012
Heh, and here I thought it was the new test blend for this year's Monster Series...
[Reply]
srduggins 10:13 AM 03-09-2012
The spider could have gotten rolled up into the stogie and spun the web after it was already inside. It would have been much harder for a roller to notice that.

Anyone ever hear the estimate of how many spiders we eat while we sleep? I believe it was 8 in a year. It was part of a bunch of statistics that were mostly debunked, but on this one, the expert said the estimate was probably too low.

Smoke more spiders! - so you don't have to eat them later.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 10:37 AM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
There were a few dried eggs, but no spiders crawling out. I think I would have freaked right out.
Yeah I definitely would have thrown it and screamed.

Love the Gurkha response haha
[Reply]
irratebass 01:32 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by srduggins:
The spider could have gotten rolled up into the stogie and spun the web after it was already inside. It would have been much harder for a roller to notice that.

Anyone ever hear the estimate of how many spiders we eat while we sleep? I believe it was 8 in a year. It was part of a bunch of statistics that were mostly debunked, but on this one, the expert said the estimate was probably too low.

Smoke more spiders! - so you don't have to eat them later.
Is that what causes bad morning breath? :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:54 PM 03-09-2012
Spider webs could improve a cigar. I don't think the spider eggs would though. We have to get a blind taste to make sure, right?
[Reply]
OLS 02:13 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
I too am interested in what cigar this is, may I PM?
For god's sake, don't tell JEREMY!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up