Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone bought from Cigar Sprint Sale?
chaase321 07:39 AM 11-02-2011
HA HA HA...alright I will man.
Couriosity...do you hate them because they are overpriced altogether?
do you hate them because they are overpriced for how they taste/burn
or do you just hate them.

Just so I have some skepticism going into these!
[Reply]
irratebass 07:41 AM 11-02-2011
I am not crazy about the prices of Gurkha's, but man if you smoke them slow they are a good smoke...imo.

I have only had 1, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:45 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by chaase321:
HA HA HA...alright I will man.
Couriosity...do you hate them because they are overpriced altogether?
do you hate them because they are overpriced for how they taste/burn
or do you just hate them.

Just so I have some skepticism going into these!
My limited experience is as follows:

I have smoked 5-6 Gurkhas of all different price ranges.
I have not had one that I truly enjoyed.
A couple where not bad but not good.
I tasted one at a pass that was their most expensive cigar selling for $750 each and I would choose other $4 sticks over it.
Their retail pricing upsets me and their bands are beautiful which I think tricks alot of newbs into thinking they are good. If you look on Cbid they go cheap, really cheap.

I don't see myself spending any more money on the brand, but I truly hope you have a better experience than myself. It's all about smoking what you like and nobody elses opinion should keep you from trying something.:-)

Anybody notice that the sprint starts over the MSRP on items? That seems dumb to me.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:57 AM 11-02-2011
A 5er of 5 Vegas Gold just went for $13.70
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:01 AM 11-02-2011
Great sampler going on now:

Rp, Oliva, Indian Tabac, DPG Blue, LGC, Ab Maxx to name a few.

Never mind it sold before I could finish!

Seems like people are starting to purchase earlier now instead of waiting until the end.
[Reply]
irratebass 08:01 AM 11-02-2011
Lot of nice samplers up today
[Reply]
irratebass 08:03 AM 11-02-2011
20 cigar sampler just went for 48.00
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 04:58 PM 11-02-2011
I've had my finger on the buy button a couple times today and it hasn't gotten quite low enough yet. But since this thread I've had a tab open on the site every time I sit down at the PC. Thanks for the link.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 05:03 PM 11-02-2011
:-)

I'm waiting for some Vegas Golds to roll around. They're $15 shipped for the Robustos on CI. Gonna be hard to top but I'll hold out til the end of the day.
[Reply]
chaase321 05:21 PM 11-02-2011
Just saw Tatuaje Ambos Mundos on there...haven't really heard of those, but a 5'er of them and a 5'er of E.P. Corrillo just went for $31
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 05:56 PM 11-02-2011
Just saw Tatuaje Ambos Mundos on there...haven't really heard of those, but a 5'er of them and a 5'er of E.P. Corrillo just went for $31
I saw that one, if it got to under $30 I would have grabbed it up. I've been trying to curb my impulse buys as of late so I've been looking for just a ridiculously good deal.
[Reply]
chaase321 06:17 PM 11-02-2011
yeah it was just on again and stopped at $37...it jumps around so much you have to watch waiting too long or you will be having to wait again!

i hear you about the impulses though...so far that is what my two purchases have been! lol

I am waiting for the Java and Tabak to come back up again (going for around 36 so far)
[Reply]
shilala 07:05 PM 11-02-2011
I watched for about an hour and saw nothing but poop. I didn't see a deal that was better than at cigarbid, either. I think a guy would do a lot better at cbid, honestly. At least then you can do your homework, place your bid, and cross your fingers.
If you don't win you can bid again the next day. The items they offer are continually regurgitated, so sooner or later you're gonna win if you play smart. :-)
[Reply]
Benwoo 07:57 PM 11-02-2011
CSprint has the advantage of free shipping over Cbid though Scott ;-) Something to fact in sometimes too.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 10:08 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Benwoo:
CSprint has the advantage of free shipping over Cbid though Scott ;-) Something to fact in sometimes too.
Yeah I've tried to find my 5 Vegas' on CigarBid and I either have to A - Wait 4 days, or B - Pay the same or more as CI or CSprint. I'll pass for now, although I'm sure good deals come up on there.
[Reply]
chaase321 05:11 PM 11-03-2011
Here is the first purchase. Shipped with a humi-pack and they all look excellent. This site has by vote!

[Reply]
maninblack 05:55 PM 11-03-2011
They had UC's on there? I need to keep my eye out for those.
[Reply]
Chemyst 05:57 PM 11-03-2011
Thanks for pointing out this site.
Looks good!... Too good!

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 07:48 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
They had UC's on there? I need to keep my eye out for those.
The first day this thread was posted, I watched about 40 or so sales from about 9am to noon, then I shut it down for the day because it was too tempting...that night I turned it on about 7pm and 2 sales in were these bad boys. I was thinking that I wouldn't get them because they got too low, but the price was just under $40 and I got it! :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 08:00 PM 11-03-2011
The first day this thread was posted, I watched about 40 or so sales from about 9am to noon, then I shut it down for the day because it was too tempting...that night I turned it on about 7pm and 2 sales in were these bad boys. I was thinking that I wouldn't get them because they got too low, but the price was just under $40 and I got it! :-)
Absolutely amazing!!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up