Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar for a guest ?
Mugen910 03:00 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I'm not your friend............... anymore :-)
read this while looking at my avatar lol
You sir have full access to my goodies....:-)
[Reply]
DBall 03:23 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
You sir have full access to my goodies....:-)
ewwwwww...
[Reply]
TBone 03:26 PM 05-11-2011
I never short end a friend anyone else get the more milder smokes...like everyone else I wouldn't be to happy if they tossed a Padron 64 after 5 mins.
[Reply]
hammondc 03:58 PM 05-11-2011
LFD Double Ligero Chisel for the noobs. I like to see em struggle! :-)
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 08:36 PM 05-11-2011
I open the coolers and let them choose what they want. Everything is fair game except for the box I keep gifted smokes in. With that said I do steer them into something that's smoking good or something I think they can enjoy.
[Reply]
rebelknight 09:20 PM 05-11-2011
I don't have a lot of cigars to go around but when I have friends over and we want to smoke a cigar I won't refuse any body a cigar. What they get on the other hand is up to me. That doesn't mean that they will get bad smokes either. I have pretty much 3 tiers of smokes that I will hand out. Cigars that I would smoke myself that are reserved for family and close friends. Good cigars that just really aren't what I'm in too which I will give to other friends that I'm not as close with and then some stuff that I would just never smoke or really mild smokes that I give to people I'm just meeting or people new to smoking. For example I gave my brother an Opus X when he wanted to smoke with me and some of my friends. Another example is how I give out the stuff that I don't like that has been gifted to me to people that I don't know or like enough to get my good stuff
[Reply]
jwillm 09:48 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
LFD Double Ligero Chisel for the noobs. I like to see em struggle! :-)
:-)

Like a lot of you, I give free reign (mostly) to my cigar smoking friends. I do have an off limits area where cigars are aging, so they're off limits to me as well.
I'll usually pick a cigar for those that are uninitiated. That way they don't accidentally choose something they won't like. Sometimes they don't like it anyway, though...c'est la vie
[Reply]
Pat1075 09:53 PM 05-11-2011
I give people the same thing that I would smoke just based on their preference. I ask them strong medium or mild. A lot of the novices end up with ashtons or davidoffs. Meanwhile I tend to hand out more padrons, opus, and CC's to my closer friends or guys who have been smoking longer.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 11:22 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
The crappiest cigar you/I can find..

*this is prob why I have no friends.
Typical cheap Viets....
[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:30 AM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Typical cheap Viets....
[Reply]
jluck 08:34 PM 04-11-2012
Doing a bit of thread archeology here but I didn't want to start a new thread on a similar topic.
At my Easter party I had a large tub of cigars out for so inclined guests and many took part. The one thing everyone said was they wanted something smaller that could be finished in a half hour or so. Now I would like to get something mild,smooth and small. I have looked at AF Breva and Hoyo Demitasse but would like some other suggestions in the 2 dollar price range. Less is good too.
[Reply]
dvickery 12:10 AM 04-12-2012
whatever they find in my stash is theirs to smoke...in fact i will use a guest to pick out a box for me when i feel its time for one more open(smoke now)box.i just steer them in the direction of my humi's top two shelves(were the older smokes are)).

true story:my nephew in his mid thirties and has been smoking cigars since college...was going through my open boxes one day...asked me if i had any dominican cigars...kind of flustered i said no...so he picked out a gold medal with a bit of a sour face on.

derrek
[Reply]
jluck 12:38 AM 04-12-2012
I'm hoping to get peoples recommended cigars for guests that are a short lasting (30 minute range) mild cigar.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:45 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I'm hoping to get peoples recommended cigars for guests that are a short lasting (30 minute range) mild cigar.
How about Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente?

http://tampasweetheart.com/?page=sho...62b964af5da51&
[Reply]
jluck 12:51 AM 04-12-2012
I will consider those, I'm really looking for corona size cigars, that's what almost every guest went for. Something in the 38-42 RG would be ideal.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:53 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I will consider those, I'm really looking for corona size cigars, that's what almost every guest went for. Something in the 38-42 RG would be ideal.
You prefer NC, Jared?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:58 AM 04-12-2012
Fuente Brevas Royale, under $100 for a box of 50.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/afuent...=afuentebrevas
[Reply]
jluck 12:59 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You prefer NC, Jared?
Only from a cost standpoint yes. I hope to learn the ropes and financially digest what spending I have already done on the hobby to be able to step up to offering all guests a nice CC. I just can't do it yet.
[Reply]
jluck 01:01 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Fuente Brevas Royale, under $100 for a box of 50.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/afuent...=afuentebrevas
These are top of the list right now.
Thanks Tom.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:14 AM 04-12-2012
My pleasure, Jared. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up