Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar for a guest ?
Aero95 07:33 PM 05-10-2011
If they are good friends then anything I have. If not its usually some Cuesta Rey sungrowns that I have that I don't smoke anymore.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 07:34 PM 05-10-2011
A fumas...LOL, no just kidding, i do like that cigar though for being a cheapy... No i am with the others if they are a regular cigar smoker then i will show them what i have, no i have a top drawer that is only mine, i dont mean to be selfish but they are more collectibles, or limited or cc (which i have like 6 cc total so no lol)... if they are inexperienced then i will offer something mild...
[Reply]
DBall 07:34 PM 05-10-2011
It's pretty much open humidor at my house, although I'll steer it based on what they like and such. Most people who are newer to cigars are just stoked that they are smoking a cuban cigar so they usually don't care. :-)
[Reply]
Tyler 08:47 PM 05-10-2011
I used to just let them have free reign but for some reason the inexperienced smokers know enough to take my nicest crap lol. I am thinking of turning my traveldor into a friendador when I am not actually traveling. I will just put a bunch of mid range smokes in it and they can choose from there. I am tired of them choosing $15-$20 smokes and only smoking a fourth.
[Reply]
Aero95 09:01 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
I used to just let them have free reign but for some reason the inexperienced smokers know enough to take my nicest crap lol. I am thinking of turning my traveldor into a friendador when I am not actually traveling. I will just put a bunch of mid range smokes in it and they can choose from there. I am tired of them choosing $15-$20 smokes and only smoking a fourth.
Yeah I had a friend grab a loose Cohiba Esplendido and 20 min into it he smashed it in the ash tray and said it was to much for him :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 10:32 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If I like you, you can have the pick of the litter.

If not, you get a Gurkha.
:-) No in between eh?

Originally Posted by Aero95:
Yeah I had a friend grab a loose Cohiba Esplendido and 20 min into it he smashed it in the ash tray and said it was to much for him :-)
Brutal, IMO that's pretty disrespectful.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:34 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Guantanameras. That'll teach them to show up empty handed.

:-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:35 AM 05-11-2011
Next time give him a Backwoods Grape.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:48 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by nofeardiver:
A fumas...LOL, no just kidding, i do like that cigar though for being a cheapy... No i am with the others if they are a regular cigar smoker then i will show them what i have, no i have a top drawer that is only mine, i dont mean to be selfish but they are more collectibles, or limited or cc (which i have like 6 cc total so no lol)... if they are inexperienced then i will offer something mild...
Nothing selfish about that. Some sticks are for special occasions or can be a bit personal.
[Reply]
hscmit 07:46 AM 05-11-2011
I keep a 100 ct humidor for house guests so they can have free reign over their pick. Most of our friends arent regular smokers and its a novelty for them. However when any of my friend come over they can have whatever they want out of any humi
[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:04 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Nothing selfish about that. Some sticks are for special occasions or can be a bit personal.
yeah for instance i have so that were hand rolled for me at events special blends and etc, and i have some that were given to me for my son's birth, i have some like the my father limited from 2010 that DG and JG rolled togeather, now way in heck someone will get those... Then i have some nice high dollar cc that i have been bombed with, i have a buddy who smokes with me a lot, he has had a couple cc but he tells me he cant tell a difference, so he cant have my cc....LOL
[Reply]
VACigarSmoker 11:41 AM 05-11-2011
That should be a crime... :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:48 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
I keep a 100 ct humidor for house guests so they can have free reign over their pick.
That's really the best plan. If you are keeping track of 3 ice chests and 4 humidors, what's one more?
Just a small humi full of nice-but-not-too-nice sticks that will never raise so much as a tear in the eye
when they invariably, as one said before, get smashed out like they were a cigarette or something, lol.
If you do it right, they think that's your humidor. 'WOW, you're letting me dabble in your personal
stash, lol.' (No, my personal stash is inaccessible at the present time, hahahaha.)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:50 AM 05-11-2011
The crappiest cigar you/I can find..

*this is prob why I have no friends.

[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:54 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
The crappiest cigar you/I can find..

*this is prob why I have no friends.
I'm not your friend............... anymore :-)
read this while looking at my avatar lol
[Reply]
pektel 11:55 AM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Certain friends of mine are welcome to take ANY cigar they want out of my humidor, others, I select a handful they can choose from.
Originally Posted by maninblack:
All my friends are novice smokers at best but I usually let them try some good ones now and then.
This. Or whould I say "these." 99% of my friends don't smoke cigars. A very good friend whom I am starting to reconnect with after a 6 year hiatus was up a couple weeks ago. We started with a new PSD4 to share. The next day, we had a couple LGC MdO3's from 2000. Later that night, I gave him a 98 Punch Corona. He did pretty well with all of them, and smoked at least 2/3's of the way and enjoyed what he did smoke.

I would feel worse if my friend hated a cigar and smoked the whole thing out of obligation, instead of just being honest and either getting rid of it or passing it back to me.
[Reply]
themachine 12:11 PM 05-11-2011
My friends can have there chose of any of my NC's in my humidor. Thats just how good of a friend I am. Hahaha
[Reply]
hotreds 01:12 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If I like you, you can have the pick of the litter.

If not, you get a Gurkha.
:-)
Attached: canibeurfriend.jpg (72.2 KB) 
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 01:16 PM 05-11-2011
If I welcome someone into my home, they're welcome to anything in my humidor, cigars are easily replaceable, friends aren't :-)
[Reply]
nofeardiver 02:45 PM 05-11-2011
Actually all my friends i know now are cigar smokers, so they pretty much bring there own crap, and we either trade or they will come and i will give them something, and then vice versa next time i am over to there place...But i dont go anywhere now without my travel box, so i always have something on had, but honestly i wont give someone something that i would be glad to smoke myself... I would not go buy some piece of crap just to keep for guests, no way, first i dont have room for it, and second, i want to give them a good experience, i have two buddies that if not for me they would not have ever smoked cigars... but now one smokes a few a week and one smokes like 1-2 a month on special occasions, but what if i would have gave them crap, they prob would have been like yuck and never bought a cigar ever again... just my 2 cents...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up