Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar for a guest ?
BHK54 01:10 PM 05-10-2011
Whenever you have some pals or just guests coming over, what cigars do you offer them? Do you have some special brand you keep around for them or do you let them pick from whatever you have?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:15 PM 05-10-2011
If they are normal cigar smokers I let them pick, if they are novices I usually grab whater nice mild cigar I have on hand.
[Reply]
SteveH 01:18 PM 05-10-2011
:-)
[Reply]
T.G 01:34 PM 05-10-2011
Guantanameras. That'll teach them to show up empty handed.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:34 PM 05-10-2011
I have an entire side of a drawer filled with unbanded NC's ranging from med quality to decent quality. There's probably about 30 or 40 in there. They are reserved for guests that either don't smoke cigars and want to try one or for the neophytes to the cigar world. Good enough quality that they will hopefully get them hooked, but not expensive enough that I will be sad when they pitch it after 10 mins :-)

For my friends, they are entitled to any cigar in my Cabinet granted its not being reserved for a special occasion.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:41 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Guantanameras. That'll teach them to show up empty handed.

Eh Usually a CC robusto. Maybe a PSD4, Boli RC or RyJ SC. They are only about $6-$7 a piece and I won't be too angry if they pitch them. Of course too angry is relative to the person in question :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:45 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
If they are normal cigar smokers I let them pick, if they are novices I usually grab whater nice mild cigar I have on hand.
[Reply]
OLS 01:50 PM 05-10-2011
Ha, who would ever visit me?? That's like saying, "Which Tyrannosaurus Rex repellent do you think works best"?

If I DID have cigar smoking friends coming over, like the rest said, there is nothing that is off limits to a true
aficionado. A person who says, "Ohh neat...cigars! I always wanted to try one of those.", they get either a
RyJ tubo or a Punch Royal Selection No.12. Maybe a Sancho Bachilleres or even a Los Statos Deluxe Delirios.

DAMMIT!! I went over 4000 posts and didn't notice it.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 01:54 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Agree... :-)
[Reply]
VACigarSmoker 02:05 PM 05-10-2011
A true friend is welcome to anything i have.
[Reply]
Polkaroo 02:21 PM 05-10-2011
I gave a true friend a 40 dollar Montecristo for his new years celebration. He took a couple puffs and said he didn't like it. It's a good thing he's a good friend though cause when mine was done I clipped all signs of him of his and smoked that one too.
[Reply]
massphatness 02:25 PM 05-10-2011
My friends are welcome to anything in my humidor, but I make a distinction between friends and acquaintances.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 02:26 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
My friends are welcome to anything in my humidor, but I make a distinction between friends and acquaintances.
QFT
[Reply]
icehog3 03:28 PM 05-10-2011
If I like you, you can have the pick of the litter.

If not, you get a Gurkha.
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:29 PM 05-10-2011
Certain friends of mine are welcome to take ANY cigar they want out of my humidor, others, I select a handful they can choose from.
[Reply]
maninblack 03:52 PM 05-10-2011
All my friends are novice smokers at best but I usually let them try some good ones now and then.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:52 PM 05-10-2011
Nobody really gets near my humi just because I'm very select as to who comes by my home. Of those whom I smoke with that aren't regular smokers I usually pick a few pairs of cigars that I am willing to smoke myself, they probably won't take offense to, and won't break the bank. I let them pick from those pairs and we both can share the experience they choose. As for my BOTL, only a few have come by to smoke and they have brought their own sticks. When I am out I have let my brothers shuffle through my little 40ish count humi and they can pick what they want as long as it hasn't been gifted to me or is an intended gift for another that night. When my blood brother comes by I pick several pairs of strong cigars usually since he smokes a lot and the strong stuff works best for him.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:28 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
All my friends are novice smokers at best but I usually let them try some good ones now and then.
I'm coming over to get one of those Man O War Maduros!!! :-)

Friends...vinos are open!! Acquaintances...I have a "stash" for them as well.
[Reply]
Louistogies 05:45 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If I like you, you can have the pick of the litter.

If not, you get a Gurkha.
ROLF!:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:01 PM 05-10-2011
In fact, it does depend on who the guest is and his predilection for cigars.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up