Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Myrtle Beach... talk to me
NCRadioMan 10:24 AM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by GWN:
Notice there are two Nick's locations. On google maps, one (1400 29th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach) appears to be inside a big golf store. Not sure if this is right or not and would appreciate clarification. Also, I'd like to know what the difference is in terms of stock between the two locations. Headed there for a golf weekend with a few buddies next month.
The one in the golf store is not the one to go to. It's just a humidified room where they sell cigars, no seating area. They have a decent selection but the good stuff is at the original store. They have nothing compared to the original store. The one to go to is in N. Myrtle. right across from one of my favorite courses and one of the oldest in MB, Azalea Sands. They have recently opened up a bar right next door and just a over a week ago, they installed a door connecting the two. You can practice your swing on the simulator too!

Here are pics:

Originally Posted by dwoodward:
No way... Is there like a limit or something? I imagine you have to be enjoying a purchased cigar to get beer right? Otherwise wouldn't everyone in the city be there at night enjoying their free nightly brew?
You used to have to purchase a cigar, yes. But now that they have opened a bar next door, I doubt there is free beer anymore.
[Reply]
GWN 11:08 AM 02-27-2012
Awesome. Picture says 1,000 words in this case. Appreciate the advice.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:09 AM 02-27-2012
Awesome. Picture says 1,000 words in this case. Appreciate the advice.
You're more than welcome, Jeff! Hope you have a great time, bro!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:04 PM 02-27-2012
I think we're back in Surfside this year, but that place will definitely be on my visit list.

Along with this place:

http://www.newsouthbrewing.com/new-south-brewing.html
[Reply]
GWN 07:05 PM 03-20-2012
Hitting the road after work tomorrow. Driving through the night and should be there by lunch Thursday:-)
[Reply]
GWN 03:38 PM 03-31-2012
Nick's was definitely the spot to go. Took a bit to convince my golf buddies to drive up to North Myrtle, but it was worth it. Actually hit all three Nick's locations. Grabbed a few sticks in the small shop inside the golf store. Then stopped at the mid-sized one on the way north, but saved my big purchase for the superstore in North Myrtle. Unfortunately, the cigar bar was not yet open when I arrived.
Grabbed a box of Cain Daytonas, a bundle for a co-worker and a few singles. Here's what made it home:

[Reply]
Starscream 11:34 PM 03-31-2012
Notice there are two Nick's locations. On google maps, one (1400 29th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach) appears to be inside a big golf store. Not sure if this is right or not and would appreciate clarification. Also, I'd like to know what the difference is in terms of stock between the two locations. Headed there for a golf weekend with a few buddies next month.
There are actually three or four locations. The main store which has a lounge and a much bigger selection is in North Myrtle. It's on Kings Hwy (hwy 17) right beside Dodge's chicken and a Wings.

Nick's is a great place to go and I highly recommend visiting.

EDIT: Oops. I posted before I read the entire thread. I just now saw that you already made a visit.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up