Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Myrtle Beach... talk to me
stearns 11:44 AM 03-06-2011
hey, so im in myrtle for the week and would love to know the cigar hot spots. any shops that i need to check out? anyone around on vacation here as well? learn me on some beach culture :-)

stearns
[Reply]
neoflex 11:45 AM 03-06-2011
http://www.nickscigarworld.net/
[Reply]
Average Joe 11:48 AM 03-06-2011
Can't help with the cigar stores, but ff you have an oceanfront balcony wake up (or stay up like I did) and watch the sunrise while smoking in the morning. Nice 'n peaceful.

I wish I could do that every morning.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:11 PM 03-06-2011
Nick's is, by far, the best in MB. If you go to Broadway at the Beach, there is a Tinder Box in there. If you head up North, keep going to the SC/NC state line and check out Low Country Pipes and Cigars. They are smokingpipes.com. A truly awesome place with great people and the humidor is always growing with great stuff!

The other hot spots are the many, many, many great golf courses!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:42 PM 03-06-2011
Go south about 30 minutes to Murrells Inlet. Eat at the Dead Dog Saloon on the board walk. They almost always have a band, and specials! Very good wings, IMO. Looks like some cool happenings and a parade Tuesday night. Check it out on their website:

http://www.deaddogsaloon.com/
[Reply]
stearns 12:57 PM 03-06-2011
Im not familiar with local law, can you smoke in shops here?

stearns
[Reply]
bishjd123 04:49 PM 03-06-2011
I've been to Nicks and the Tinder Box in Barefoot Landing. Of the two, Nicks was better and had a much larger selection. I'm not sure if there's been any changes recently as I smoked in Nicks this past summer while on vacation. They've had a small smoking area in the front of the store with four leather chairs, a flat screen tv, as well as complementary draft beer.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:03 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by stearns:
Im not familiar with local law, can you smoke in shops here?

stearns
Yep, and like was just mentioned. FREE BEER at Nick's! :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:24 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Go south about 30 minutes to Murrells Inlet. Eat at the Dead Dog Saloon on the board walk. They almost always have a band, and specials! Very good wings, IMO. Looks like some cool happenings and a parade Tuesday night. Check it out on their website:

http://www.deaddogsaloon.com/
And they also have the most awesome shrimp & grits I've had anywhere. :-) It was either there or Drunken Jacks.

Oh, and on the way back out of Murrells Inlet, just as you're about to turn right onto 17N, there's a sketchy ranch style house with a huge neon CIGARS sign in the window. I guess it's a B&M, and was always curious but have never stopped in. Give it a shot, Ben! You might find some great selections, or you might end up buried underneath some psycho's patio.
[Reply]
OLS 07:32 AM 03-07-2011
reeent, reeent, reeent......
Sorry, that's the best alphabetizing I could do with the knife me to death musical
accompaniment in Psycho. I also like Murrel's Inlet for all my nighttime activities,
MB is too 'loud' for me, perfect for kids, though. I used to be a member at a few bars
there when I was living nearby, back then if you wanted to drink liquor, you had to be a
club member at the different bars, pay a fee, get a card, drink your little single shot
bottle mixed drinks. I don't miss that at all. But I dug the low country. I like the idea
of making sure you watch the sun come up with a smoke.
[Reply]
Christiel49 08:19 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Nick's is, by far, the best in MB. If you go to Broadway at the Beach, there is a Tinder Box in there. If you head up North, keep going to the SC/NC state line and check out Low Country Pipes and Cigars. They are smokingpipes.com. A truly awesome place with great people and the humidor is always growing with great stuff!

The other hot spots are the many, many, many great golf courses!
:-)

They both rock! I like Nick's (mailnly cause it is close) but the Low Country Pipes has a very nice selection!! :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:28 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
And they also have the most awesome shrimp & grits I've had anywhere. :-) It was either there or Drunken Jacks.

Oh, and on the way back out of Murrells Inlet, just as you're about to turn right onto 17N, there's a sketchy ranch style house with a huge neon CIGARS sign in the window. I guess it's a B&M, and was always curious but have never stopped in. Give it a shot, Ben! You might find some great selections, or you might end up buried underneath some psycho's patio.
I actually stopped by that little shop last time I was in MB and Murrells Inlet. It is basically one room of the house that was used for display and selling cigars and stuff. Not as extensive as the shops north of MB, mainly because of the limited space. Plus, I'm just not all that fond of places that use the whole room for a humidor, and allow smoking within that room. Just doesn't seem like that is best for the cigars being sold!
[Reply]
stearns 07:23 AM 03-08-2011
went to nicks yesterday afternoon, fantastic establishment :-)

stearns
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:34 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by bishjd123:
I smoked in Nicks this past summer while on vacation. They've had a small smoking area in the front of the store with four leather chairs, a flat screen tv, as well as complementary draft beer.

There is no way I will fall for that. Can't be true. I have never seen anything like it, and you can't make me believe it. Sheesh.

Daaaannnng.
Wonderful marketing concept. You would never find that in the frozen unfriendly North.
[Reply]
Eleven 09:12 AM 03-08-2011
For some reason, my Father loved Mammy's Kitchen. Not for cigars, for food.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:21 AM 03-08-2011
When it comes to food, there are two places I make make sure I go to. Angelo's Italian and Steaks. They have a great staff and an Italian buffet that is awesome! They are located on Kings Hwy just across from the public basketball courts. Just a block or two down the other side of the road sits J. Edwards Steakhouse. The blackened ribeye is amazing!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:27 AM 03-08-2011
We also enjoyed the Sea Captain's House. (3002 North Ocean Blvd.
Myrtle Beach). Located on the water, on the north side of MB. On the high side of average prices, but food and atmosphere were top of the line. They have (had?) a raw oyster sampler a couple years ago, that had oysters from 4 or 5 different areas of the Atlantic coast. Taste difference between them was surprisingly noticeable! She-crab soup was outstanding. Trying to remember what we had for entrees, but I have trouble remembering what I ate two days ago! Seems like I remember having difficulty deciding; they all sounded great. I'm thinking I tried their take on shrimp creole (maybe?).
[Reply]
GWN 08:29 AM 02-26-2012
Notice there are two Nick's locations. On google maps, one (1400 29th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach) appears to be inside a big golf store. Not sure if this is right or not and would appreciate clarification. Also, I'd like to know what the difference is in terms of stock between the two locations. Headed there for a golf weekend with a few buddies next month.
[Reply]
bigswol2 10:54 AM 02-26-2012
+1 for Low country!
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:47 PM 02-26-2012
No way... Is there like a limit or something? I imagine you have to be enjoying a purchased cigar to get beer right? Otherwise wouldn't everyone in the city be there at night enjoying their free nightly brew?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up