Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Is it me?
Stinky 09:55 PM 04-04-2012
I like all cigars. UnderCrown is pretty good. IMHO. Just smoked an Alex Bradley-Black Market. Really good. Last night, I smoked an old (well aged) Pinar 3000. OUTSTANDING! But, they don't make it any more. Maybe the age? It was smooth and very complex flavors. Liga 9 is a very interesting cigar to me.

This is all about the fun with trying the different cigars introduced for our enjoyment. Some meet our expectations. Some don't. Enjoy the ride!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:30 AM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
That is crazy Todd...I am just the opposite. I love those strong peppery/spicy sticks, yet, cannot stand to have food with table pepper. :-)
I love my pepper. And when it is incredibly spice, I can still make out subtle nuances of flavor. I don't like heat just for the sake of heat.

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
And I think that makes you different than a good number of cigar smokers. Some people like strong spicy cigars for the simple sake that they are strong and spicy. (And one-dimensional).

I don't mind a one-dimensional cigar, as long as it is a dimension I enjoy -AND- I don't have to enjoy it for an hour and a half. A good one-dimension in a petite corona can be an incredible smoke.

I'm sure there are correlations to what our food preferences are to what our cigar/alcohol preferences are.

Here's one question for you: have you ever had food that may have been very spicy/hot but didn't care for it because of the flavor? I would venture to say you have.
I am sure that I have, though at the present I cannot think of one (later thought, fried spicy bananas in LA). One of my favorite simple snacks is Colby cheese melted on tortilla chips, and each chip gets a Jalapeno slice.

Originally Posted by Ogre:
Rev, I for one love spicy foods. So if you are taking notes, I also enjoy a full bodied spicy cigar with a single malt scotch (neat).
I like some full-bodied spicy cigars, but I want something more than just the one-dimensional stong/spice. It needs to develop and have some complexity.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 11:03 AM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Rev, I for one love spicy foods. So if you are taking notes, I also enjoy a full bodied spicy cigar with a single malt scotch (neat).
I can't drink neat scotch with a cigar anymore. It seems to drown out the tastes of the cigar I'm smoking.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up