Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Well, it finally happened
Dude Here 10:50 AM 02-10-2014
Oh and AdamJoshua, I do wear a Bell helmet!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:43 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Dude Here:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Well, it's been a few hours now and I'm actually feeling pretty good. After I posted this thread I popped a few ibuprofen and went back to bed for a bit. Not many battle scars to show, as someone asked, just some road rash on my right knee and my right hand is pretty tender (there goes my love life). Wasn't wearing much riding gear aside from my helmet and gloves. The rest was just my work uniform, which held up just fine to sliding around the street as 5 in the damn morning. Gonna go start the bike up here in a little bit to make sure she's running fine still.

Now for the serious question...what do I smoke for my "glad to be alive" cigar, lol!
Whatever you have that you enjoy the most!
[Reply]
Lockspur 02:04 PM 02-10-2014
There are two types of motorcycle riders. Those who HAVE crashed, and those who will. Glad you're alright, brother! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:14 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
There are two types of motorcycle riders. Those who HAVE crashed, and those who will. Glad you're alright, brother! :-)
Oh cool, then Steve and I are done. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 02:22 PM 02-10-2014
Good to read that even with a bad situation, things appear to have turned out as well as could be expected! Scary stuff.
[Reply]
bruceolee 03:04 PM 02-10-2014
Steve I'm glad you're okay first and the bike second as damaging even one of them can be expensive. If you have a cigar you've been saving for an occasion then today is as good as any. From a medical standpoint it sounds like you're okay but if any area of your body starts to swell, get painful and has a nice shine to it then you might be looking at a blood clot which of course can kill you so please be mindful of that. otherwise take some advil for the soreness or inflammation or better yet if you have some leftover pain meds from a prior surgery/dental visit then take one if you need it.

Great artist rendering! I honestly felt like I was there it was that powerful :-)
[Reply]
Heavy_d 05:43 AM 02-11-2014
Glad you're ok!
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:11 PM 02-11-2014
Wow man, glad you're okay! I say smoke up the best you got!
[Reply]
Dude Here 08:33 PM 02-11-2014
Thanks again everyone!

Went to work today (drove the Pilot though, lol) and caught a rash of $hit from the guys there. Also had five or six people call my post to make sure I was ok though. Feels good to be loved, lol. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit tomorrow so I can wash all the road grime off my baby and maybe try to buff out some scratches.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up