Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Gas Station "Cigars"
Pseudosacred 02:58 PM 02-01-2012
Alright, so this is my 2nd post here, first one aside from the intro. I figured I would share something I saw today.

I went to my local Turkey Hill gas station, it would be Kroger for all of the midwestern folks here. I went inside to pick up a drink and to pay for gas. The man in front of me proceeds to buy 10 Dutch Master Grape "cigars". 10 Strawberry Dutch Masters, a whole box of White Grape Game "blunts" and a box of Swisher Sweet "Little Cigars". I was baffled by this. He looked like a pretty well to do man.

So, what do you guys think of Gas Station "cigars", or blunts?

I've tried a few of each of them, over the months. They are all completely unenjoyable, to me.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 03:02 PM 02-01-2012
Just pitch the tabacco
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 03:04 PM 02-01-2012
What ever flop's his mop. We all have our likes and diss likes, I for one like malt liquor.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:07 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Just pitch the tabacco
420 time?:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 03:15 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
What ever flop's his mop. We all have our likes and diss likes, I for one like malt liquor.
+1 before I came to this place I would buy a pack of Black & Milds (I didn't know any better), every now and them and enjoyed them.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 03:18 PM 02-01-2012
Who knows, maybe he just likes em. Although I have no clue why you'd buy them in any sort of quantity, every gas station I've ever been to has had stuff like that.

Maybe where ever he is from has outlawed flavored cigars and he was stocking up.
[Reply]
jluck 03:19 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
+1 before I came to this place I would buy a pack of Black & Milds (I didn't know any better), every now and them and enjoyed them.
Yep...backwoods,swishers Black&musty....That's how I started. Wont go back though....:-)
[Reply]
Zanaspus 03:23 PM 02-01-2012
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I suspect if I could handle Grape blunts and MD 20/20 instead of Tatuajes and Single malts I'd look a lot more well-to-do as well.:-)
[Reply]
fhrblig 03:23 PM 02-01-2012
I started smoking cigars like Swisher Sweets Perfecto and such. Now I find them nasty.

Now I seem to have this morbid curiosity about the bundles for sale at Walgreens, though. I fear I won't be able to avoid trying them.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:24 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Yep...backwoods,swishers Black&musty....That's how I started. Wont go back though....:-)
No, I have sampled the good life, I won't go back either.
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 03:24 PM 02-01-2012
The use of the shell was what popped into my mind. My old group of friends used to buy around 10 packs of ZigZag Sweet Cigarellos and...ya know. Fill it with...that. I never enjoyed Black & Milds. They just taste like slightly flavored cigarettes to me. The Cream ones were half decent, couldn't smoke a whole one though.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:34 PM 02-01-2012
My favorite are Swishers Strawberry Cigarillos.
[Reply]
Digs 04:21 PM 02-01-2012
Eeekkkkk

Some people like smoking 💩💩💩💩💩

It should be a crime to call that 💩 cigars
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 04:26 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by fhrblig:
Now I seem to have this morbid curiosity about the bundles for sale at Walgreens, though. I fear I won't be able to avoid trying them.
That's what I used to smoke when I was a every other month smoker. IIRC they weren't all that bad. Although the storage conditions consisted of baking in my glove box for 3-4 months between smokes. :-)
[Reply]
Tim D. 04:49 PM 02-01-2012
It boils down to one of two things: Either he doesn't know any better (truly ignorance is bliss), or he just likes 'em. I do have one confession tho'. I still like all the various flavors of Backwoods cheroots once in a while for something different. Yummy!
[Reply]
schollianmj 04:57 PM 02-01-2012
yea, I still use the Backwoods when Im working in the garage or the track. Occasionally on the range if its a long day and new shooters are starting to stress me out... when your working with 25 shooters that have never fired fully automatic weapons you would be surprised the stress. Couple Backwoods during the shoot, and normally a good cigar or pipe at the successful completion of the day.
[Reply]
lenguamor 05:20 PM 02-01-2012
Yich.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:31 PM 02-01-2012
The Cigar Asylum Credo (actually starting back in The Jungle):

"Smoke what you like, like what you smoke".
[Reply]
bobarian 05:40 PM 02-01-2012
Millions upon millions of these cigars are sold for reason....people like them. :-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 05:46 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Millions upon millions of these cigars are sold for reason....people like them. :-)
True; and Miller Lite is the top-selling beer in the US.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up