Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Time to smoke
bruceolee 01:02 PM 12-31-2021
Since getting back into cigars i've been furiously getting my collection up to speed but when i did my count today i realized I had acquired over 250 cigars in a very short period of time which is awesome! BUT, maybe it's time to stop collecting and start smoking them. So, my goal is to smoke down to about 150 before buying anymore new cigars unless something AMAZING comes up. I didn't get back into cigars to just collect. I truly have been blessed in smoking them and have found myself in prayerful thanks to God for letting me be alive to enjoy this time. I understand that with my pancreas and liver being as bad as they are my time is probably limited although who can say for certain? I just know that it's time to settle down now and enjoy these amazing cigars and Bless the name of The Lord! I hope you enjoyed this little rant. God bless you all!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:10 AM 01-01-2022
Hope you enjoy every one of them, Jason. :-) I am an ager and a smoker, but not really a collector at this point.
[Reply]
bruceolee 09:32 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hope you enjoy every one of them, Jason. :-) I am an ager and a smoker, but not really a collector at this point.
Thank you tom i will enjoy them i'm sure. I guess i meant to say i'm gonna smoke about 100 of them and then re-aquire what i enjoyed and for 150 of them i'm gonna have some i smoke and some i age. it's a game of balance plus i don't have much more room. pretty soon i'm gonna have to buy some coolers if i'm not careful
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:50 AM 01-01-2022
I have cut back from a few years ago, when I was smoking 4 cigars a day. At herfs it was 8 a day for 3 days straight :-)So if you do the math I was having to order a box a week just to keep even. I used too be a collector till I almost died from a 1050 blood sugar (normal is 90 to 120). After that I smoke pretty much whatever I feel like. I used to keep some special sticks for PPPs and share. But with covid that his been out :-) I hope that one day we can get back to PPPs I always enjoyed sharing something special with friends!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:18 AM 01-02-2022
I hear ya, I recently got back into smoking and just did inventory... I am up to 125 already. back when I was smoking daily, the most I had was 250-275. I think I need to do more smoking, less shopping!
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 12:16 PM 01-02-2022
I try to smoke as much as I can, which is usually 2-3 a week if I'm lucky. My entire household is recovering from a nasty bout with covid that we picked up right before Christmas though, so I haven't smoked anything in a little bit now. Hoping to pick up on the collecting AND smoking very soon.
[Reply]
gravel 12:49 PM 01-02-2022
During sabbatical I smoked 3-5 times a week while reading. With that ending, I’ll be back to once a week. Since I’m the only one who enjoys it, it’s definitely a solo endeavor.
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:55 PM 01-02-2022
There's so much fun in getting new cigars that i forget that i need to smoke these things too. Aging is great especially with cuban tobacco but NC doesn't need too much age. I must get a dopamine rush or something whenever i get something i ordered like getting the steady influx of cigarbid 5packs i get all the time. Nowadays i use cigarbid for just one brand and no i'm not telling you which so don't ask. I've gotta keep some things secret. I smoke about 3 a day and on a great day i get to smoke about 5. My blood sugar is pretty stable as well all things considered so who knows why some other brothers Blood sugar goes up. Maybe genetics plays a part and i'm lucky that covid didn't effect my taste buds so i'm lucky and blessed there. Anyways, enough typing for now. Have a blessed day! God bless you!
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:59 PM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by gravel:
During sabbatical I smoked 3-5 times a week while reading. With that ending, I’ll be back to once a week. Since I’m the only one who enjoys it, it’s definitely a solo endeavor.
I'm trying to lure my friend mitch who's our youth pastor to the dark side. I keep sending him pictures of me relaxing with a cigar. I'll win him over in time i'm sure of it!
[Reply]
357 09:26 AM 01-03-2022
One of the things I'm enjoying about living in an RV fulltime is that I work outside more often, just plop my laptop down on a folding table with a chair and enjoy the nice weather. Since we are going to continue to chase nice weather I have a lot more time outside working where I can enjoy a cigar "on the clock". Definitely has brought me back. I had been drifting away smoking less and less. No specific reason, just busy with life. Now I want to order a few boxes but RV life includes considering space. Space is a premium. I only brought a 15 count travel humi with me. I'll definitely need to upgrade that and fine some dedicated space but I will be ordering.
[Reply]
bruceolee 09:35 AM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by 357:
One of the things I'm enjoying about living in an RV fulltime is that I work outside more often, just plop my laptop down on a folding table with a chair and enjoy the nice weather. Since we are going to continue to chase nice weather I have a lot more time outside working where I can enjoy a cigar "on the clock". Definitely has brought me back. I had been drifting away smoking less and less. No specific reason, just busy with life. Now I want to order a few boxes but RV life includes considering space. Space is a premium. I only brought a 15 count travel humi with me. I'll definitely need to upgrade that and fine some dedicated space but I will be ordering.
ever though about an iris 60qt weathertight?
[Reply]
Gabe215 12:05 PM 01-03-2022
Enjoy them, you deserve it, I too gifted and smoked my collection down from maybe 250- to about 25 or so. A cigar 20 year old sitting in your humidor doesn’t taste as good as the one burning in your hand around friends, a bonfire, your wife, all the above, ect. I’ve never bought shitty cigars so none of them ever needed additional aging and were good ROTT as we say.
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:30 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Enjoy them, you deserve it, I too gifted and smoked my collection down from maybe 250- to about 25 or so. A cigar 20 year old sitting in your humidor doesn’t taste as good as the one burning in your hand around friends, a bonfire, your wife, all the above, ect. I’ve never bought shitty cigars so none of them ever needed additional aging and were good ROTT as we say.
my problem is i have so many i'm saving for a review so i end up buying extra just to enjoy and the next thing you know you have no room left which is why i need to smoke and enjoy them now. I'm still gonna review some though. It's good to see you posting tofay brother. I hope you're doing alright and not so busy anymore. God bless you!
[Reply]
357 01:40 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
ever though about an iris 60qt weathertight?
I haven't but it might be a good idea. Looks like Target has a 62 qt for only $25.
[Reply]
bruceolee 02:17 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by 357:
I haven't but it might be a good idea. Looks like Target has a 62 qt for only $25.
it's what the guys use at halfwheel. i saw it on a video and am thinking of buying one myself
[Reply]
Up