Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking too fast
bruceolee 10:38 AM 12-27-2021
I realized after watching a video explaining that if you ash your cigar and it's not a clean break but a cone you're smoking your cigar too fast so, it made me try smoking a little slower and MAN what a difference in flavors its made for me. I'm getting a much more sweet and toasty experience compared to what i was getting before and in some cases ruining my palate for a day and nothing is worse than burning your palate out. So, if you notice a large cone when you ash try slowing down and see what a difference it makes in your flavors. I hope you're all having a blessed day! God bless you all!
[Reply]
gravel 10:58 AM 12-27-2021
While smoking in cold weather I am guilty of this. When I smoke at the local lounge, I take my time. Thanks for the reminder to take it slower while I smoke.
[Reply]
bruceolee 11:12 AM 12-27-2021
https://www.amazon.com/Rabbit-MinusA...s%2C435&sr=8-3 I realize that not everyone can afford this but it gets pretty good reviews especially when it come to cleaning cigar smoke indoors. I leave my windows open in south Fla and have a desktop air purifier that works like a champ but maybe someday i'll upgrade to this like maybe this summer when i can't open the windows and enjoy my habit. Either way here's the link to help out
[Reply]
markem 12:16 PM 12-27-2021
Uneven burn can be a sign of smoking too fast or it can be because of the cigar itself, so don't forget that part.

I find that putting the cigar down between puffs is really helpful. A long time ago, I used a cheap egg timer set to one minute to help. This was recommended by the FOGs at Club Stogie and really made a difference.

Note that if the humidity across the cigar isn't the same, you can get tunneling, cones, and canoeing quite easily.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 12:18 PM 12-27-2021
I have a 950 CFM vent in the ceiling of my home lounge that does a complete room air change every min.:-)
and a HEPA room air purifier.

But I have heard lots of good about the Rabbit air cleaner!
[Reply]
bruceolee 12:46 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by markem:
This was recommended by the FOGs at Club Stogie and really made a difference
I go back to those old days! Just what are you saying sir! keep in mind wars have been started over less! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:29 PM 12-27-2021
I often have to force myself to slow down (That's what she said). Nothing like screwing up a great stick by burning it too hot and fast.
[Reply]
gravel 01:41 PM 12-27-2021
Setting down the stick will make a big difference for me.

The Rabbit is nice to dream on, but that will have to wait for now. If I did have one, it would be used in the garage… which seems like a waste. Elsewhere in the house isn’t really an option at this point. Our small house doesn’t have the space for me to devote to a den. Not that I’m complaining, we chose this. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:58 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I realized after watching a video explaining that if you ash your cigar and it's not a clean break but a cone you're smoking your cigar too fast so, it made me try smoking a little slower and MAN what a difference in flavors its made for me. I'm getting a much more sweet and toasty experience compared to what i was getting before and in some cases ruining my palate for a day and nothing is worse than burning your palate out. So, if you notice a large cone when you ash try slowing down and see what a difference it makes in your flavors. I hope you're all having a blessed day! God bless you all!
Ahhh, yes, a good lesson.

I remember the Tatuaje noella that I nursed without a relay for an hour and a half like 12 years ago . The person I was with was amazed, and couldn't believe I would nurses cigar that long. However, I rarely have to purge when I smoke slowly, and the bitterness just doesn't seem to accumulate this way.

Don't always have the convenience to do that though, nor the patience.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:54 PM 12-27-2021
Smoking cigars is like making love. Slow and steady makes it last longer and improves the experience. :-) :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:28 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Smoking cigars is like making love. Slow and steady makes it last longer and improves the experience. :-) :-)
Yah but even slowing down who can smoke a cigar in 90 seconds
[Reply]
icehog3 09:15 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Yah but even slowing down who can smoke a cigar in 90 seconds
[Reply]
bruceolee 09:50 AM 12-30-2021
It's funny ( not too funny to me) but i burned my palate out smoking too fast. For a couple days the cigars i smoked were wasted on me because it's literally burned out my taste buds to the point food didn't taste right. Let that be lesson for the future that if your taste buds burn out, take a break for a day or two and rest your palate and slow down your smoking. I'm finally back to the point where everything i smoke tastes great, especially my bundle sticks. I guess it's a lesson i had to relearn after being out of this for years i'd forgotten how to enjoy a cigar. God bless you all!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:01 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I guess it's a lesson i had to relearn after being out of this for years i'd forgotten how to enjoy a cigar. God bless you all!
At least you've got it back down to a science now, Jason. :-)
[Reply]
Up