Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Uncle bruceolee's story of the day
bruceolee 10:21 AM 12-18-2021
Many years ago when i could work (i worked in rehabilitation at our hospitals) I had a coworker going to the Philippines and then china for her vacation. She knew i loved cigars and wanted to sneak me in a box of cuban cigars. I told her i already could get cuban cigars and under NO circumstance was she to risk anything for me. Well she goes away with my warning for 2 weeks. When she returned she nervously hands me a box and tells me how scared she was bringing these cigars back and how she almost got caught. I thanked her and again expressed that i did not ask her to do this for me. I take the wrapped package home and i opened a package with a box of filipino cigars. Not bad cigars but most certainly NOT cuban and i was SO relieved that she didn't risk anything for me, The next day she was beaming and so proud of herself and i just didn't have the heart to tell her they were not cuban cigars. Well, thats uncle bruceolee's story today. I hope you enjoyed it and God bless you all and have a Merry Christmas!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:35 PM 12-18-2021
Indeed, Jason....the thought is what counts. Well, that and not getting detained in Customs for hours. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:55 PM 12-18-2021
I had in-laws that would bring me the clear-top Cohiba 5-pk boxes of "Cubans" when they'd go for a Caribbean Cruise. I finally had to gently break the news to them. An ex-BIL was suspicious anyway because of the prices. I told him "Yep, it's not a very wise business decision to sell $25 cigars for $6 each."
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:57 PM 12-18-2021
I totally get it. A number of people come in the shop to ask if their cigars are real. 9 times out of 10, fake. There seems to be alot of EL's bought that are not EL's, and alot of $200 CoRo boxes. lol I always hate to tell them but I always give them the option, before telling them, to smoke them in bliss. Most are happy to know the truth and why they are fake but a few will take it hard. No doubt, they paid quite a bit.
[Reply]
Up