Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Need an alternative....Habana Leon
Trumpet 07:50 AM 11-03-2021
Ok, so about 15 years ago, I bought a box of Habana Leon Toros from Cigar King. I freakin LOVE them. However, as far as I know they're no longer made and CK was the only retailer. I tried contacting them several times asking if there is an equivalent (maybe same blend under a different name?), but they just won't reply.

SO, any recommendations for an equivalent to the Habana Leon?
[Reply]
markem 11:02 AM 11-03-2021
f you can describe the flavor profile that you are looking for then I'm sure that many will be able to help out.
[Reply]
Trumpet 11:31 AM 11-03-2021
It's been so long honestly. Here's the Wiki link with technical specifics..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habana_Leon

From what I understand it's supposed to be DPG's take on Partagas. Seems to me to be a little peppery and creamy. They've since "smoothed out" since I bought them almost 15 years ago
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:14 PM 11-03-2021
When I see corojo wrapper and Nicaraguan filler, I think of Aganorsa Leaf, which used to be called Casa Fernandez. They make some cigars in Miami still, like Miami Reserva.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 09:36 PM 11-04-2021
Call Cigar King and ask if any of their house cigars are similar.
Very helpful people in the shop.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:04 AM 11-16-2021
that uncle said, and you could also contact My Father Cigars if they have anything similar to that blend in their current line-up
[Reply]
Trumpet 05:23 PM 12-01-2021
Yeah, I called CK and they recommended the Havana Soul. However, that's not even a Pepin blend, so I'm not sure how similar it is. I might try getting in contact with My Father
[Reply]
sigsauer 05:50 PM 12-01-2021
dark wrappers....

https://www.cigarking.com/havana-sou...-entire-order/
[Reply]
Brlesq 08:28 PM 12-01-2021
Havana Soul have been made by a number of different cigar manufacturers over the years. The current batch is AJ Fernandez. The one that Black Works rolled for them a few years ago were terrific. But no way that they are the cigar blend you are looking for
[Reply]
Up