Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Marsh Wheeling replacement????
Onefreetexan 07:51 PM 07-20-2021
I’ve smoked these for years, I mean kite 50. they are no longer made and existing stock is running out…Looking for a replacement, Any suggestions?
[Reply]
Brian D. 08:16 PM 07-20-2021
Hello. Check Thompson's website. Look for short filler, machine made cigars in that price range. Order some samplers and see if you like any of them.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 09:51 AM 07-21-2021
How about a La Aurora Princpes which is a short filler Dominican cigar?

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/...igars/1410512/
[Reply]
Onefreetexan 07:09 PM 07-24-2021
Thank you Wharf Rat, those look pretty good, I am going to try some.
However, I just learned that Marsh Wheeling stogies have not been discontinued, that they were bought out and moved to Frankfort, IN…..they claim to make several sizes and flavors. However, I am only interested in the long ones, in the original.
[Reply]
Onefreetexan 07:12 PM 07-24-2021
Also, I have been trying Kentucky Cheroots…A nasty looking cigar, the sticks are not wrapped at all, and when you open the cheap cardboard box, the smell is overpowering….lol.
However,, they are handmade, which I like, and they smoke nice and slow, and have a slightly sweet taste. the best thing is that they do not load up towards the end, so the final puffs are as mild as the first. I don’t know how they do that, but I like it.
[Reply]
Brian D. 06:04 AM 07-25-2021
Originally Posted by Onefreetexan:
Thank you Wharf Rat, those look pretty good, I am going to try some.
However, I just learned that Marsh Wheeling stogies have not been discontinued, that they were bought out and moved to Frankfort, IN…..they claim to make several sizes and flavors. However, I am only interested in the long ones, in the original.
Yes, Marsh Wheeling was acquired by National Cigars. And they became part of Camacho, which was then
bought by Davidoff Cigars. I remind the Davidoff/Avo/Camacho representative of that fact when he does events.

It's been ten years or more ago, but I got a tour of the Marsh Wheeling factory. Cool old place. Even then they were only using the place for storage.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:52 PM 08-18-2021
Check FX Smiths. They have them.
[Reply]
Onefreetexan 03:50 PM 08-19-2021
Thank you I have found them. Also learned production moved to Franklin, IN,,(forget the name of the big company that bought them). And they are available from many suppliers.
[Reply]
Up