Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana ligero mysterio oscuro
Don Fernando 03:22 PM 03-01-2011
The La Flor Dominicana ligero mysterio oscuro is one of the prettiest regular production cigars that I have ever seen. A nice big perfecto shape, great two tone color wrappers, a funny wrapped mouthpiece. This cigar just looks fantastic. The price for this cigar in The Netherlands is € 15.00. The cigar comes both in natural with dark tips or oscuro with light tips. The cigar is made from tobacco from the La Flor plantation with an Ecuadorian sumatra wrapper.

The 7x54 perfecto looks fantastic, the dark and oily wrapper looks like leather and really sticks out from the natural tips of the cigar. The mouth end of the cigar has a special cap, kind of like a wrapped piece of tobacco rope. The cigar doesn't have much of a smell. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. I taste a dry tobacco flavor with some herbs and in the aftertaste I get some pepper.

The first few puffs I can clearly taste that the light colored wrapper is a Connecticut shade, I taste a musty chocolate with some earthy flavors. The aftertaste is something sweet with some pepper. Immediately after the burn reaches the Ecuadorian Sumatra oscuro the musty chocolate disappears. I taste pepper and wood with some dark chocolate on the background. The pepper slowly loses it strength, I taste wood, that earthy flavor and a sweet chocolate.

Halfway the cigar has a herbal flavor, I think I even taste some curry with some green pepper in the aftertaste. The pepper gains some strength again, with the herbs, curry and something fresh as supporting flavors. Near the end the freshness disappears, all I taste are herbs with pepper and some wood on the background.

The smoke time of this cigar is an hour an forty five minutes. The draw is great, the burn is good. It was a bit hard to keep it lit, but that's probably because I only cut a small part of the mouth piece. The ash is coarse and medium gray colored but firm. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, it is a good smoke and great conversation piece

Appearance: 10 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:14 PM 03-01-2011
Love these!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 06:59 PM 03-01-2011
Another solid review Ferdie! :-)

I have one of these I haven't tried yet. Soon.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:28 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks for the review...great gooding cigar
[Reply]
omowasu 07:28 PM 03-01-2011
Yeah! This is an excellent, powerful stick, the review was spot on. I cant believe that they run 15 Euro though!
[Reply]
swh127 07:38 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks for the review. This is one of my favorite cigars. every time the local B&M gets them in that is the first cigar I reach for.
[Reply]
Up