Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Drives me crazy!
Flounder 04:09 PM 06-17-2011
So I got that 15 cigar sampler today, and what kills me about the labels is that they all tell you who makes them, but rarely tell you what it is.

For instance. I have 2 "Don Kiki's" both labels are identical and say "Limited Reserve" but no indication of them being different cigars other than one label is red, and the other green. I don't get it. It doesn't make sense why they would do that. I feel like they would want you to know what it is you're smoking.

/rant.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:10 PM 06-17-2011
:-) you better get use to it. You would REALLY hate Fuente. Or any CC's. Most just say H. Upmann, Cohiba, Partagas, Bolivar etc etc etc.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:12 PM 06-17-2011
That's what research is for. :-) http://www.cubancrafters.com/bybrand.php

Nobody is going to hold your hand for everything. When all else fails, google it!

Originally Posted by :
NEW Limited Reserve by DON KIKI. After aging for 3 years, they are finally released for your smoking pleasure. The Limited Reserve Green Label Robusto premium cigars are hand made in small batches and in limited quantities with extremely aged long-filler tobacco. The filler and binder are sun grown Cuban Seed Habano. The Wrapper is a Shade-Grown Brazilian Mata Fina. Kiki blended the tobacco leaves in each cigar to produce an exquisitely mild taste. Each cigar is individually handcrafted to his high standards and under his direct supervision. Robusto cigars are 5” long with a ring gauge of 50. Each bundle contains 25.

These Limited Reserve Robustos are handmade with aged tobacco from the rich fields of Tabacalera Esteli. The tobacco was aged for at least three years before being masterfully hand made into meticulous premium cigars. They were then aged for another three years in Tabacalera Esteli’s temperature and humidity controlled aging room before being hand packed. Their mild complex taste is naturally soft and creamy, with an unrivaled floral aroma.
Originally Posted by :
NEW Red Label Limited Reserve Robusto Cigar by DON KIKI. After aging for 3 years, these premium cigars are finally released for your smoking enjoyment. DON KIKI Limited Reserve (Red Label) Robusto cigars are hand made in small batches and in limited quantities with sun grown and extremely aged Cuban-Seed Habano long-filler tobacco from the rich fields of Tabacalera Esteli. The Binder and Wrapper are rare Colorado sun-grown Cuban-Seed Habano from the Jalapa Valley. Don Kiki carefully blended these premium cigars to provide an exquisite taste and smoking experience. Every Robusto cigar is individually handcrafted to his strict standards and under his supervision. This Robusto cigar is 5” long with a ring gauge of 50. The hand-packed bundle contains 25 premium cigars.

DON KIKI Limited Reserve (Red Label) Robusto boutique premium cigar is handmade with flavorful hand-picked tobacco. The leaves are skillfully cured by skilled artisans and then aged for at least three years. They are then individually chosen based on their fine qualities and hand crafted into these fine cigars by skilled master cigar rollers. They make the cigars in small batches. The fine premium cigars are then aged for over 3 years in Tabacalera Esteli’s temperature and humidity controlled aging room before being hand packed.

[Reply]
N2 GOLD 04:15 PM 06-17-2011
Google it... :-)
[Reply]
stearns 04:16 PM 06-17-2011
arent don kiki's blends just named "green" or "red"? unless you're colorblind, the name is in the band :-)

stearns
[Reply]
Drez 04:19 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by stearns:
arent don kiki's blends just named "green" or "red"? unless you're colorblind, the name is in the band :-)

stearns
+1
[Reply]
Flounder 04:25 PM 06-17-2011
Alright. Thanks guys.

I feel bad not googling, but if I google, you all are bored...
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:48 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I feel bad not googling, but if I google, you all are bored...
You do have a point! :-)

The only reason I advocate doing research is that you will learn much more, that way, than you ever thought possible.

It's the old give the man a fish or teach the man to fish thing.
[Reply]
Flounder 04:57 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
You do have a point! :-)

The only reason I advocate doing research is that you will learn much more, that way, than you ever thought possible.

It's the old give the man a fish or teach the man to fish thing.
Understandable. It just didn't really click with me where to start. I will probably google every cigar I smoke from here on out.

I wanna go outside and have one, celebrate Friday a little, but I live in an apartment complex where there are a bunch of kids in the back yard. Don't want to be a bad influence...
[Reply]
Bill86 04:59 PM 06-17-2011
Smoking cigars isn't a bad influence. Also I think the responsibility falls on their parents, not you. Smoke away :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:00 PM 06-17-2011
Understandable. It just didn't really click with me where to start. I will probably google every cigar I smoke from here on out.
The search function is very useful here at the Asylum too! Don't forget it there are a ton of cigars reviewed here. If it's been made, it's been talked about here. :-)
[Reply]
Flounder 05:03 PM 06-17-2011
Going to go try one of the Consuegras Dan gave me. I googled it and cant seem to find any info really on the specific cigar.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:05 PM 06-17-2011
Note to self: "Buy stock in 'Google' ".
[Reply]
DBall 05:08 PM 06-17-2011
Going to go try one of the Consuegras Dan gave me. I googled it and cant seem to find any info really on the specific cigar.
During the herf there was a couple "need a cigar, take a cigar" type open humidors.

As you can imagine, the cuban one was empty by the end of the day... the one I gave you was the remainder of the NC one and that humidor.

I know nothing about those cigars... hell... I forgot who even put em in there... :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:10 PM 06-17-2011
Search can be tricky but once you learn it, your gold! They are "seconds" of major brand cigars. They are listed in this thread.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ght=Consuegras
[Reply]
Flounder 05:10 PM 06-17-2011
This is what it is, if anyone can figure it out.
Attached: IMG00111-20110617-1907.jpg (66.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Flounder 05:12 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Search can be tricky but once you learn it, your gold! They are "seconds" of major brand cigars. They are listed in this thread.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ght=Consuegras
I saw that already, there is no number on the label. And I cant seem to find a description to fit it.
[Reply]
big a 05:16 PM 06-17-2011
I hate not knowning what I am smoking or have in the humi. When I order/ buy something if the label doesn't have the stick information I put a little sticky label on them along with the date I got them. Seems to be working pretty good so far.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:17 PM 06-17-2011
I saw that already, there is no number on the label. And I cant seem to find a description to fit it.
Go by the size of the cigar. It appears to be #84B 6X50 FDA/ULT, BF Belicoso

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...-PYRAMID%20#84 EMS.html
[Reply]
Bill86 05:22 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Note to self: "Buy stock in 'Google' ".
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up