Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Opinion: New NCAA Hoops Thread?
The Poet 04:46 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
It's been a while since I watched it...crazy stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-4sJTf7iQ
Truly a classic, with a Hall Of Fame coach going off on a Hall Of Infame one. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:59 PM 11-05-2010
What with four big-name teams kicking it off Monday night - Pitt, Illinois, Maryland, and Texas - I'm gonna need to do the same soon . . . or can it altogether. So it's down to crunch time for your :-) , or your :-) .
[Reply]
The Poet 12:16 PM 10-15-2011
Practices have begun officially all over the nation and the pre-season polls are starting to be formulated, so it's decision time again: Yea, or nay?

Keep in mind, with the potential for a lost NBA season, this might be the only hoops you'll get this year. Maybe a few more of you will start to pay attention to the college game BEFORE March Madness. :-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 12:32 PM 10-15-2011
I definitely say yes. If it's too much work for you to do write ups on almost every game like you did last year maybe you could leave it a little more open discussion like the NHL thread. But either way I would definitely be happy to see a place on here with some good college hoops talk.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:40 PM 10-15-2011
John, I rarely minded the work (except when I lost whole postings :-) ), and I always encouraged and welcomed input from anyone. Sadly, too few felt moved to do so, at least during the course of the regular season.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 01:24 PM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
J.....I always encouraged and welcomed input from anyone. Sadly, too few felt moved to do so, at least during the course of the regular season.
Thomas,

I enjoyed following the thread. I didn't comment (except a few snipes) because I visited to catch up and get your take on the games. You pretty much said it all.

That said: don't feel obligated to do it, but if you do I'll read and not comment again. :-)

Now, how about ECU Football. (only team I know of having a worse season than the Pack) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:15 PM 10-15-2011
I vote "yes".

I wish some of the other threads were put up to a vote first. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:30 PM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Thomas,

I enjoyed following the thread. I didn't comment (except a few snipes) because I visited to catch up and get your take on the games. You pretty much said it all.

That said: don't feel obligated to do it, but if you do I'll read and not comment again. :-)

Now, how about ECU Football. (only team I know of having a worse season than the Pack) :-)
Thanks, Jerry. I enjoy doing the thread, and fool myself that I know the college game a little bit. And I'd welcome your comments, even your snipes! Besides, the Pack might have a decent season for their new coach, since they've got some talent . . . and more due next year.

EzyTzy football? Considering who've they've played (Gamecocks, Hokies, and my Heels), I'm not sure what one might expect from them. As for your Pack, I'd say bring back Roman Gabriel. :-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
I vote "yes".

I wish some of the other threads were put up to a vote first. :-)

I know what you mean. Yet many of those "some others" so quickly disappear into the ozone, what difference does it make? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:06 PM 10-17-2011
Any input on this from the weekday workday crowd?
[Reply]
jcruse64 04:55 PM 10-22-2011
Do it!!!!!!!

Already news to post. Midnight Madness has occurred. Texas A&M may not have their new coach, who was my MSU Racers old coach. Kennedy out with undisclosed health issue, and I hope he is okay.

I'm wondering how all this conference "re-alignment" that is going on, with a lot of the focus now because of football, is going to affect the B'ball landscape???
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 05:55 PM 10-22-2011
I am all about it!!!! All I can say is....

Let's Go ImageLet's Go ImageLet's Go Image
[Reply]
The Poet 02:56 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by jcruse64:
Do it!!!!!!!

Already news to post. Midnight Madness has occurred. Texas A&M may not have their new coach, who was my MSU Racers old coach. Kennedy out with undisclosed health issue, and I hope he is okay.

I'm wondering how all this conference "re-alignment" that is going on, with a lot of the focus now because of football, is going to affect the B'ball landscape???
OK, Paducah Joe, maybe I will. Too bad about Kennedy. Yet from what I've heard, it might be a good thing to sit out a year until A&M figures out what the #^@& they are doing. As for re-alignment, I expect it will take a year or three before we see what shakes out there. Speaking of which:

Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
I am all about it!!!! All I can say is....

Let's Go ImageLet's Go ImageLet's Go Image

They are going . . . to my ACC. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up