Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Going to Napa, CA
shilala 09:29 AM 10-02-2013
Can anyone suggest any awesomeness?
So far we're gonna see Alcatraz on the way from the airport to Napa, then we're staying at some spa/resort that I've completely forgotten the name of.
There's 6 of us going, all brothers and sisters in law.
The girls have planned a couple wine tours, I think.
I'm the designated driver for this whole drunken affair, so I'm sure I'll have the power of detour so long as I keep them all nice and drunk.
Anything around Napa that's an absolute don't miss?
[Reply]
T.G 09:41 AM 10-02-2013
I live about an hour from Napa, aside from the Napa Smith Brewery tasting room and Bob's house, I don't know crap about the place. How long will you be around for and do you think you might be able to work a cigar or two in?
[Reply]
shilala 02:52 PM 10-02-2013
I'd love to work a cigar in, Adam. I'll see how the schedule goes when we get out there. It's hard to plan anything with 6 people, ya know?
The heck is Bob's Place? I'll google it...
I think ya tricked me. You meant Bob Bobarian Bob's place, didn't ya?

This is the place we're staying, the Silverado resort.
[Reply]
T.G 02:58 PM 10-02-2013
I hear ya brother. If we can work something in, that would be great, but if not, I totally understand.

Bob's is Bobarian.
[Reply]
pektel 02:59 PM 10-02-2013
Remember, if the gubmint doesn't reopen, Alcatraz might not be an option for visit.
[Reply]
shilala 03:02 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
Remember, if the gubmint doesn't reopen, Alcatraz might not be an option for visit.
Ya know what? If that happens, my brother-in-law will go insane.
He's paid for Alcatraz tickets twice so far and never got to see the place. No refunds, either. He's got $400 invested now and still hasn't got a whiff of the place. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:07 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
I hear ya brother. If we can work something in, that would be great, but if not, I totally understand.

Bob's is Bobarian.
I'm pretty damned proud of myself for figuring that out. After I googled it and didn't find nothin. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:08 PM 10-02-2013
Looks like Alcatraz is closed at the present time, but they are issuing refunds and also have a bay cruise tour option.

Originally Posted by :
Travel Advisory - Alcatraz Island is closed due to the US Government Shutdown.

Alcatraz Island is closed for tours until further notice. This is a result of the Government shutdown that began at 12:00am Tuesday, October 1, 2013. Alcatraz Cruises will be unable to reschedule existing reservations or take new reservations for tours to Alcatraz Island during this time.

Those holding Alcatraz Island Tour tickets for dates during the shutdown, will receive a refund which will be posted to the account used to make the original purchase. If you purchased tickets with cash, please come to the Alcatraz Cruises Ticketbooth, located at Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33, on The Embarcadero.

Alcatraz Cruises is offering a 90 minute bay cruise during the shutdown timeframe. Our fully narrated bay cruise, Guardians of the Gate, is a combination San Francisco skyline and Alcatraz Island tour from the water. This tour does not dock at Alcatraz Island, but does circle Alcatraz Island twice and provides information about the history of Alcatraz Island. Please click on this link to find additional information and to purchase tickets, Guardians of the Gate Bay Cruise.

Thank you for your patience during the shutdown. If you have questions or require additional information, please call 415 981-ROCK (7625).
http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/
[Reply]
shilala 03:16 PM 10-02-2013
That sucks.
Thanks a million for catching that, Adam. We'd have showed up for our tour and been royally bummed. I told the whole tribe, we blamed it on Frank.
[Reply]
T.G 03:19 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
That sucks.
Thanks a million for catching that, Adam. We'd have showed up for our tour and been royally bummed. I told the whole tribe, we blamed it on Frank.

Actually, Peter (pektel) deserves the credit here, it didn't even register with me that the rock would be closed until he mentioned it.
[Reply]
big pete 03:23 PM 10-02-2013
Check out Artesa Winery. One of the smaller ones but it's beautiful there
[Reply]
shilala 03:33 PM 10-02-2013
Thanks to Peter, too. :-)

Artesa Winery does look beautiful!!!
Thanks, Pete!!! :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:53 PM 10-02-2013
When is this trip happening Scott? Too many wineries to give suggestions without knowing what kind of wine you like. Napa Valley is mostly known for its Cab's but there are many wineries that have other fine varietals.

IMHO a few cant misses are:

http://www.castellodiamorosa.com/
http://www.aubergedusoleil.com/
http://www.mummnapa.com/

If you search "Napa" here there are several other places to check out.

Restaurants to try:
Mustard's Grill
Bouchon
http://reddnapavalley.com/

Would love to get together for a smoke. Just let us know when you are near.
[Reply]
big pete 04:43 PM 10-02-2013
Go eat at Ad Hoc. Same owner as Bouchon and French Laundry. $50 (+\-) set menu. My favorite place to eat up there. The Bouchon bakery is good too
[Reply]
shilala 04:55 PM 10-02-2013
We're coming from the 5th to the 12th, Bob.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm making a list. The Castello I gotta see!!!
I've got Adam's number and I'm gonna try and figure out a way for us to get together and have a smoke. I'll drop you a pm and get your number, too.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:37 PM 10-02-2013
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm making a list. The Castello I gotta see!!!
I've got Adam's number and I'm gonna try and figure out a way for us to get together and have a smoke. I'll drop you a pm and get your number, too.
You won't be sorry, Scott.
[Reply]
GWN 07:16 PM 10-02-2013
We found Rubicon cool when we visited. Hell, the whole place is pretty neat. Kinda fun to just drive around and pop into the wineries that look interesting.
[Reply]
bonjing 03:24 PM 10-03-2013
This month Scott?
[Reply]
shilala 04:44 PM 10-03-2013
Originally Posted by bonjing:
This month Scott?
Yes, sir. The day after tomorrow.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:55 PM 10-03-2013
We'll be up in Chico Sarurday @Darrell's place herfing.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up