Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Mayweather - Ortiz 9/17/11
icehog3 02:21 PM 09-16-2011
Anybody else watching?

Doubt Ortiz has the stuff to shut Big Mouth Floyd up, but I will be rooting for just that, regardless of the odds.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:36 PM 09-16-2011
Need to go to BW3's and see if that will have the fight on :-):-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:58 PM 09-16-2011
Don't know much about Ortiz but I am always up for a fight!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:38 PM 09-16-2011
I will be watching, rooting for Money Mayweather, and hoping he fights Pacquiao after he beats Ortiz.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:15 PM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I will be watching, rooting for Money Mayweather, and hoping he fights Pacquiao after he beats Ortiz.
Are you expecting Ortiz to knock Mayweather's tampon loose or something? Mayweather wants no part of Pacquiao.
[Reply]
rebelknight 09:42 PM 09-16-2011
My dad manages a kid who beat Ortiz in the amateurs. Unfortunately Ortiz is the one doing sll the right things while my dads fighter doesnt stay in the gym. Should be a decent fight though. I want to see someone stop mayweather but i want it to be pacquaiao
[Reply]
icehog3 10:26 PM 09-16-2011
I wouldn't care if it was Mother Teresa who shut Floyd up, as long as it's someone. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:16 AM 09-17-2011
I love all the talking Mayweather does. What I love even more is that Mayweather is bringing in Robert Garcia (Ortiz's trainers estranged brother) and Brandon Rios (Ortiz's nemesis) to be his special guests for the fight. Trying to use mind games to get an edge :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:48 AM 09-17-2011
I saw that chit about Big Mouth bringing in Robert Garcia ( who also used to be Ortiz' trainer before Garcia's brother)...what a phuking douchebag. You need mind games to beat Ortiz? Then you suck. God I hate Mayweather.
[Reply]
Stephen 03:04 PM 09-17-2011
I love all the talking Mayweather does. What I love even more is that Mayweather is bringing in Robert Garcia (Ortiz's trainers estranged brother) and Brandon Rios (Ortiz's nemesis) to be his special guests for the fight. Trying to use mind games to get an edge :-)
The problem is, all he does is talk, and a whole lot of ducking. Hasn't fought a top flight opponent since 2002 (rematch with Castillo) and spent the better part of the past decade ducking Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and Pacquiao.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:05 PM 09-17-2011
Big Mouth's "legacy" will always be tarnished if he doesn't step up to the plate versus Manny P.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:07 PM 09-17-2011
His 41-0 record really means nothing towards his career until he fights Pacquiao. To some degree he has dodged a lot of boxers. He should have fought De La Hoya and Mosley earlier in his career. But he fought Juan Manuel Márquez when he was ranked 2nd pound for pound, and dominated that fight. Hatton was not a cake walk.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:11 PM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Big Mouth's "legacy" will always be tarnished if he doesn't step up to the plate versus Manny P.
I agree completely.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:14 PM 09-17-2011
he fought Juan Manuel Márquez when he was ranked 2nd pound for pound, and dominated that fight. Hatton was not a cake walk.
Good points.:-)

I don't think Ortiz is ready, but I will be rooting for him. And he will be 2.5 Million dollars richer. I'd fight Pretty Boy for 2.5 Mil. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 05:25 PM 09-17-2011
Ortiz certainly could get lucky, but the smart money is on Mayweather.

We're heading out with some friends for dinner and fun - doubt we'll make it all the way to the strip but we'll be in close proximity. Vegas is hopping this weekend!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:32 PM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Ortiz certainly could get lucky, but the smart money is on Mayweather.

We're heading out with some friends for dinner and fun - doubt we'll make it all the way to the strip but we'll be in close proximity. Vegas is hopping this weekend!
Nothing like Vegas on the weekend of a big fight. :-) Have fun!
[Reply]
Remo 09:47 PM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nothing like Vegas on the weekend of a big fight. :-) Have fun!
Especially if you're Tupac.....
[Reply]
themoneycollector 10:35 PM 09-17-2011
OMG, what a crazy ending. Ortiz was an idiot.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:44 PM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:
OMG, what a crazy ending. Ortiz was an idiot.
I still cannot wrap my head around what happened. That headbutt was a really bad cheapshot.

Considering I'm probably one of the only Mayweather fans here, I want to hear everyone else's reaction first.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:51 PM 09-17-2011
This picture captures the fight perfectly

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up